• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Who wants to talk about the craziness of this one?

image.png.3e514a52a695671610a73d0228771509.png

Do you have a copy? If so, nice find. I haven’t been following the prices too closely. Has it blown up even more after the Mando finale? Based on how important, I think, the darksaber will be to the rest of that show, the prices may sustain throughout the life of the show. 

33 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Who wants to talk about the craziness of this one?

image.png.3e514a52a695671610a73d0228771509.png

It is crazy.  Friend of mine said copies have been stolen from libraries around him, which is shameful.  This may be an unpopular opinion, but I can't get into stuff like this.  For me, 1st Darksaber is Maul 1.

1 minute ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

It is crazy.  Friend of mine said copies have been stolen from libraries around him, which is shameful.  This may be an unpopular opinion, but I can't get into stuff like this.  For me, 1st Darksaber is Maul 1.

I agree with you, Maul Son of Dathomir 1 is first Darksaber, and in Marvel's eyes too based on the true believers reprint.

1 hour ago, pkveronese said:
1 hour ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

I agree with you, Maul Son of Dathomir 1 is first Darksaber, and in Marvel's eyes too based on the true believers reprint.

What I find surprising is that the first appearance of the Darksaber heats up (rightfully so), while the first appearance of other important objects, such as the holocrons, sit in dollar boxes. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Just how light was the 2nd printing of HR 1 ordered?  Seems to have already vanished from local shelves.  

Not too surprising. Everyone who was late to the game on the 1st printing is now trying to cash in and pump up the 2nd printing. Not to mention it's an easy flip on ebay right now.

It'll be hot for a bit, but it'll settle eventually once the initial HR hype wears off. My guess is around $15 with the A/B variants of the 1st print. I think the Hans will be the go to cover followed by this one.

5 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Just how light was the 2nd printing of HR 1 ordered?  Seems to have already vanished from local shelves.  

I didn’t make it to the shop today, so I can’t say what supply was like in the wild, but there hasn’t been any at cover price on eBay for a while. It may have had something to do with a short window before announcement and FOC. Not sure if that was the case, though. 

15 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

They never made to the shelves at 3 different LCS here in Long Island. hm

My LCS’s order was shorted again by their distributor. Even though I pre ordered multiple copies, I only got one.  Thankful though as some came up empty handed. 

20 hours ago, AJsLongboxComics said:

Not because of the Darksaber. It's the only Bo-Katan in comic form.

5 minutes ago, the blob said:

Not that it matters, but is this the first mace windu appearance on a cover?

20210130_112118.jpg

I don't know about first overall cover appearance, but I would be willing to bet it's the First Mace Windu Armpit Shadow cover appearance.