• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Anyone seeing interest in this book which is definitely a Star Wars book and features the first appearance of a Sith Lord?

Darthawk.jpg.00b1d6dc896eac131b0b26060bc7cc05.jpg

About $800 for a nice copy. I have a few. And 2 and 3. We can do a group deal for $900 for 1-3.

On 1/27/2021 at 4:50 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I didn’t make it to the shop today, so I can’t say what supply was like in the wild, but there hasn’t been any at cover price on eBay for a while. It may have had something to do with a short window before announcement and FOC. Not sure if that was the case, though. 

It was the case. I know stores locally that did not get them since they missed the 4 day window from announcement and closing. I know other LCS owners that are speculating that 1st print post FOC orders were filled with 2nd prints. Basically, it was an attempt by Marvel to catch all of the extra post 1st print FOC orders they had by not coordinating the timing to be the Monday AFTER the Disney Investor Day announcement. 

Beyond the 2 Boba issues, 1, and 2: What other issues from the original Marvel series are desirable?  

Picked up a couple at a shop.  Originally posted that I thought 43 was kind of low, but I take that back.  Sales in the last couple days seem to have really gone up.  Probably helps that people are calling it Boba's 2nd appearance (though Lando's 1st interests me more).

Patrick

20210201_185459.jpg

20210201_185537.jpg

20210201_185615.jpg

Edited by followtheleader

3 hours ago, silversurfer275 said:
On 1/30/2021 at 10:45 AM, valiantman said:

This one is earlier as a possible first Mace Windu cover, right?

Star Wars: Episode II -- Attack of the Clones #1 (Photo Cover) :: Profile  :: Dark Horse Comics

Expand  

im pretty sure mace windu is on some covers in the 1998 star wars run which is earlier 

I wouldn't be surprised.  I checked a Dark Horse website cover gallery and didn't see one, but I would really be surprised if they didn't get Samuel L. Jackson on an Episode I cover.

So, just occurred to me. There aren't many actors that come to mind that have completed the Disney trifecta (Marvel, Star Wars, Disney Animated features). Ming-Na Wen is one (as Melinda May on Agents of SHIELD, Mulan, and now Mandalorian/Boba Fett). SLJ has two, with Mace Windu and Nick Fury. What Disney animated character should he play?

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

7 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

So, just occurred to me. There aren't many actors that come to mind that have completed the Disney trifecta (Marvel, Star Wars, Disney Animated features). Ming-Na Wen is one (as Melinda May on Agents of SHIELD, Mular, and now Mandalorian/Boba Fett). SLJ has two, with Mace Windu and Nick Fury. What Disney animated character should he play?

Do Disney Pixar Films count? He was Frozone in The Incredibles