• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

I listed some keys this weekend  and  most Star Wars key lots have sold out! 

I split 2 complete runs of 1999 dark horse issues 1-80ish. 

Immediately sold both Outlander runs(#7-12), and bad batch runs (#65-70)  above market price. 

I had multiple buyers ask me if I specifically had more Star Wars #10 (1st sharad hett prior to becoming darth krayt)  and #65 (1st Commander Bly) 

I also listed a copy of #23 after reading this thread and it sold within a few hours above market price. I still don’t get that one but it’s easy money.

I forget the issues quinlan vos and Ayala appear but I sold that twilight run fast as well.

My dh Star Wars tales runs are selling out fast too. Lots of interest in the older dark horse kotor run as well. I’m almost out of stock of most dark horse Star Wars titles except for the massively printed dh from the early 90s.

my newer Star Wars marvel inventory is collecting dust though unless it’s a key. Or I list 15 or so books in lots heavily discounted below retail. Also my high republic sales are simmering down for sure. May have to lower prices. 

Im holding onto a lot of my inventory until next Christmas when Star Wars gets a boost. 

I just wanted to chime in and report my limited anecdotal evidence. I had no idea these books were this hot till I stumbled upon this thread a few months ago! 

Star Wars #65 is on fire

cheers

5 hours ago, sonicyouth1 said:

I listed some keys this weekend  and  most Star Wars key lots have sold out! 

I split 2 complete runs of 1999 dark horse issues 1-80ish. 

Immediately sold both Outlander runs(#7-12), and bad batch runs (#65-70)  above market price. 

I had multiple buyers ask me if I specifically had more Star Wars #10 (1st sharad hett prior to becoming darth krayt)  and #65 (1st Commander Bly) 

I also listed a copy of #23 after reading this thread and it sold within a few hours above market price. I still don’t get that one but it’s easy money.

I forget the issues quinlan vos and Ayala appear but I sold that twilight run fast as well.

My dh Star Wars tales runs are selling out fast too. Lots of interest in the older dark horse kotor run as well. I’m almost out of stock of most dark horse Star Wars titles except for the massively printed dh from the early 90s.

my newer Star Wars marvel inventory is collecting dust though unless it’s a key. Or I list 15 or so books in lots heavily discounted below retail. Also my high republic sales are simmering down for sure. May have to lower prices. 

Im holding onto a lot of my inventory until next Christmas when Star Wars gets a boost. 

I just wanted to chime in and report my limited anecdotal evidence. I had no idea these books were this hot till I stumbled upon this thread a few months ago! 

Star Wars #65 is on fire

cheers

Do you have any discounted lots of the 2020 marvel run? I’ve been thinking about checking it out.

On 3/19/2021 at 7:57 AM, NWOslave said:

i havent seen anyone mention Sana Starros. How you all feel about Star Wars #6?

I liked #6 as 1st full appearance when I was reading the title but she also appears in #4 ... Part of the story but unnamed and masked. She also one of Aphra's lovers. Personally I'm more bullish on #6 vs #4 but the market may well disagree with me

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er

On 3/24/2021 at 9:14 AM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

I liked #6 as 1st full appearance when I was reading the title but she also appears in #4 ... Part of the story but unnamed and masked. She also one of Aphra's lovers. Personally I'm more bullish on #6 vs #4 but the market may well disagree with me

#6 is clearly the 1st full app, but people will push #4 if they have the 1:100 ratio

On 3/19/2021 at 2:12 PM, ygogolak said:

Check for that 3rd print of #6.

And 2nd Print.  Both were doing well even a couple months ago.  

1st Print is definitely lagging in comparison.  Understandably as the print run had to be pretty high (so many people buying the SW Marvel re-boot).

Patrick 

1 hour ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Had a Darth Vader (2015) #4 4th print 2nd app of Aphra in my hand yesterday NM- for $6. I passed. 

Is this a get it before it's hot book? Will people care about 2nd appearance of Aphra? 

I'd probably buy it. The character is quite popular, popular enough to feature in other media at some point, and easy to cosplay. Later printings of books with high sales numbers tend do do alright in situations like this. If it doesn't take off, I'm sure you could get your money back pretty easily. 

It's definitely the "buy season" on a lot of SW books.

Edited by awakeintheashes