• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, 500Club said:

Yeah, real grey area.  It may not be canon, but that doesn’t mean popular ideas and characters can’t be culled from those books. 2c

Agree. Legends had good characters and stories, but it also had terrible characters and stories. The good stuff will become canon at some point. Filoni has already proved that. 

Question for you guys. With all the Star Wars heat, I went through and found a ton of books Im going to send in for grading. I also have a couple of Star Wars Rogue One 1 Dodson 1:25's signature series, but they are 9.4's. Here are grading notes:

Grader Notes:
scuff full right of back cover breaks color
spine stress lines

I didnt realize how hot those books were getting and obviously with the Cassian Andor series coming out next year, these would get hotter probably.

Thoughts on sending for pressing/regrade? I know the first note wont matter so likely best these could get are 9.6's. But, I have time before the series for 2022. Debating. Wish there were more sales data between 9.4 and 9.6. I think this book is going to be rare in 9.8 due to the color. Both my copies had the exact same notes.

14 hours ago, Tnexus said:

Ugh, Legacy spec is utter trash. Don't buy into it. It's pure pump and dump.

I have a bunch of Legacy books that Im about to send for grading and sell. Hoping they are still hot by the time I sell them.

7 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Question for you guys. With all the Star Wars heat, I went through and found a ton of books Im going to send in for grading. I also have a couple of Star Wars Rogue One 1 Dodson 1:25's signature series, but they are 9.4's. Here are grading notes:

Grader Notes:
scuff full right of back cover breaks color
spine stress lines

I didnt realize how hot those books were getting and obviously with the Cassian Andor series coming out next year, these would get hotter probably.

Thoughts on sending for pressing/regrade? I know the first note wont matter so likely best these could get are 9.6's. But, I have time before the series for 2022. Debating. Wish there were more sales data between 9.4 and 9.6. I think this book is going to be rare in 9.8 due to the color. Both my copies had the exact same notes.

I think your maxed out at 9.4 possibly.  

Just now, sd2416 said:

I think your maxed out at 9.4 possibly.  

I do think I could get these to 9.6's at least, but I just dont know if its worth the money for one grade bump. I got these graded very early (right after they came out when I got them signed).

I think the scuffs were from not from "damage", but I dont know for sure. Both of my copies got the exact same notes and have these "scuff" marks in the exact same places.

I do think this will end up being the most rare of his first appearance books. I have a few of cover A, a couple of the Mayhew, and one of the 1:10 Quinones (those are all ungraded).

336313291_ScreenShot2021-03-30at1_09_30PM.thumb.png.4de0cc8a836acced695eab5599b74f5b.png

10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Multiple notes about color breaks and stresses. Sight unseen I'm curious how it got a 9.4.

I subbed these literally a couple/few weeks after this comic release. So, they were probably some of the first ones to get graded. Im thinking they will bump. Im a risk taker in that regard. But, there just arent enough sales right now to know the price difference. Luckily, the show isn't until next year, so I have some time to decide. I could do slow track press+grade.

IMG_3728.thumb.jpg.31159c799b0af7f859f988c4bf181d1d.jpg

IMG_3733.thumb.jpg.5bbbc4a33f8bb8041799ff15b2c74a9a.jpg

IMG_3732.thumb.jpg.3d78e9f72c9ad1ed39e6082df8ab14b2.jpg

3 minutes ago, mr_highgrade said:

I had a Star Wars Tales of the Jedi grade out 9.2 in 2006. I knew it was severely under graded and finally decided to crack it out and resubmit it without touching the book.

Well guess what? Came back 9.8. (shrug)

Yeah, I need to send in my Star Wars #42. I bought it for like $50 a few years back. I had it pressed and its a 9.something for sure. Probably 9.4, possibly 9.6.

Im going to send it in and sell when the hype of the show hits this fall.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

I subbed these literally a couple/few weeks after this comic release. So, they were probably some of the first ones to get graded. Im thinking they will bump. Im a risk taker in that regard. But, there just arent enough sales right now to know the price difference. Luckily, the show isn't until next year, so I have some time to decide. I could do slow track press+grade.

IMG_3728.thumb.jpg.31159c799b0af7f859f988c4bf181d1d.jpg

IMG_3733.thumb.jpg.5bbbc4a33f8bb8041799ff15b2c74a9a.jpg

IMG_3732.thumb.jpg.3d78e9f72c9ad1ed39e6082df8ab14b2.jpg

Those ‘scuff marks’ are color rubs from the shipping process, from the jostling of the books.

What's the spec on Bad Batch? Trailer looks good. I didn't finish The Clone Wars series, but I did watch all of Rebels.

I read Star Wars the 2015 series just up until around issue 15. I haven't read any clone wars series or any of the newer Star Wars series (Just started High Republic).

Seems that Clone Force 99 will probably be a good first appearance in a book (assuming it doesnt already exist). Could be some crossover into the Obi-Wan series too I would think.

35 minutes ago, 500Club said:

Those ‘scuff marks’ are color rubs from the shipping process, from the jostling of the books.

Yeah, I think these 2 are 9.6's imo. There are not many to compare, but there is a 9.8 that sold some time back that had them too (not as severe). This book is going to be a hard 9.8 for sure. Here is a raw that sold on ebay as well recently (similar marks)....

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600-1.jpg

46 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Yeah, I think these 2 are 9.6's imo. There are not many to compare, but there is a 9.8 that sold some time back that had them too (not as severe). This book is going to be a hard 9.8 for sure. Here is a raw that sold on ebay as well recently (similar marks)....

It’s become a bigger issue with Marvel’s current cover stock.  Watch for it, especially if you are buying new books that have sat on LCS shelves for weeks, and have been shuffled around.

1 minute ago, 500Club said:

It’s become a bigger issue with Marvel’s current cover stock.  Watch for it, especially if you are buying new books that have sat on LCS shelves for weeks, and have been shuffled around.

Yeah, I guess you gotta get the ones off the top of the stacks haha.

This was a 1:25 so I would think this happened from Marvel to Diamond? I bought these at release price from two different stores (one from Midtown and one from DCBS).