• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, kimik said:

I am curious to see how much more. I am hearing that a lot of stores in other parts of the USA and Canada took the same approach with ordering for this book as they did with other recent SW relaunches and did not go big. Those that I talked with who did up their orders do not have enough to meet demand. I figured Batman Three Jokers levels for this book, but it does not look like it will hit that.

I've heard some early numbers on in in passing. I'm not sure where the info. came from though.

22 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I know people are crazy now paying $1200 - $1500 (cgc 9.8)  for Jedi vs sith 1 or Knights of the Old Republic 9 but even if they are scarcer books i think the caracters will not be as popular as other characters introduced in less expensive books . 

revan is very popular and if he gets a movie or show kotor 9 will be more expensive than it is same with darth bane

In relation to Darth Maul #2 2017, #3 is also starting to move now. First cover appearance of Cad Bane. Rare 2nd print copy available. Black cover harder in high grade, seems pretty scarce. Ebay sold listings reveal one sold for $89 obo yesterday. One currently in auction at $36 with over 3 days left. It will be interesting to see where this book ends up, especially when compared to the premium example set by Kanan #1 2nd print. 

I think Star Wars Adventures #30 is one to get, low Comicchron numbers at 6k, split cover with Kylo, and first mention of anything High Republic (the Nihil Raiders).

Edited by pkveronese

Last week, while cleaning up my backroom, I fond a box of old SDCC giveaways.  Included were about a dozen copies of Discover Dark Horse 2008.  I saw a bunch of ebay sales in the $40-$50 range but they all seem to be from the same seller. 

It  is a preview book for upcoming Dark Horse projects and was released a few months before the actual books were. 

Can anyone tell me if these are worth sending in to get slabbed. 

33 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Last week, while cleaning up my backroom, I fond a box of old SDCC giveaways.  Included were about a dozen copies of Discover Dark Horse 2008.  I saw a bunch of ebay sales in the $40-$50 range but they all seem to be from the same seller. 

It  is a preview book for upcoming Dark Horse projects and was released a few months before the actual books were. 

Can anyone tell me if these are worth sending in to get slabbed. 

the one with hellboy is interesting looks like there's a preview of ashoka  sells for around 30-40

6 minutes ago, silversurfer275 said:

the one with hellboy is interesting looks like there's a preview of ashoka  sells for around 30-40

Yeah, with the way the market is and treats previews as appearances, I think the floor for that book is $30-40. Not sure about the ceiling. We will probably find out as the Ahsoka show gets closer. 

7 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, with the way the market is and treats previews as appearances, I think the floor for that book is $30-40. Not sure about the ceiling. We will probably find out as the Ahsoka show gets closer. 

yeah I didnt even know it was a thing very intresting I wouldn't overpay but seeing marvel previews 95 is definitely interesting but I dont know how it looks inside so I cant be 100 percent sure its a preview its probably just the cover of clone wars 1 on the inside  and you can barely see her 

Edited by silversurfer275

2 hours ago, pkveronese said:

I think Star Wars Adventures #30 is one to get, low Comicchron numbers at 6k, split cover with Kylo, and first mention of anything High Republic (the Nihil Raiders).

Yeah, I think it will pop once the focus in the comics turns to the Raiders. Right now it is on the Jedi, specifically Avarr Kriss with Kylo Ren 3.

28 minutes ago, kimik said:

Yeah, I think it will pop once the focus in the comics turns to the Raiders. Right now it is on the Jedi, specifically Avarr Kriss with Kylo Ren 3.

Do you think any of the jedi don't make it out of the book? I feel like something has to happen to one of them based on the sample chapters.

10 minutes ago, pkveronese said:

Do you think any of the jedi don't make it out of the book? I feel like something has to happen to one of them based on the sample chapters.

I have not read all of the sample chapters, but it makes sense that a bit Jedi bites the dust at some point since there are so many of them. Sort of like the backup Red shirts on away teams in the original Star Trek.

Edited by kimik

23 hours ago, silversurfer275 said:

9 is his 1st full even if you read it hes in 3 panels and speaks

Surely we all know by now there are no rules that you can define these things by.  It's impossible to say 'this happens, therefore it's a full'.  Ultimately the market decides, and it's incredibly inconsistent.

1 hour ago, kimik said:

I have not read all of the sample chapters, but it makes sense that a bit Jedi bites the dust at some point since there are so many of them. Sort of like the backup Red shirts on away teams in the original Star Trek.

I'm thinking somebody big like Kriss bites it, but I have zero standing here.

1 hour ago, 500Club said:

Surely we all know by now there are no rules that you can define these things by.  It's impossible to say 'this happens, therefore it's a full'.  Ultimately the market decides, and it's incredibly inconsistent.

yeah I know and the market considers 9 his 1st full im just responding to the other guy who said hes just in one panel but thats not true 

4 hours ago, pkveronese said:

Is there something more in that issue that I'm missing than this?

"...it used to be a paradise world before it was torched by the raiders."

3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Is there something more in that issue that I'm missing than this?

"...it used to be a paradise world before it was torched by the raiders."

It's got an exact reference to the Nihil Raiders in a different panel. Wookiepedia has jumped all over it as the earliest High Republic/Project Luminous reference to see print. They get referenced again in Star Wars (2020) #7 I believe.

dl4j4if150j41.png

Edited by pkveronese