• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR.X's Pre Christmas Contest Discussion Center
5 5

299 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Why wouldn't there be an announcement ahead of time?

who knows. they couldn't wait until after the Holiday's with all the stuff going on here this time of the year?

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Looks like new pictures are showing, it's anything before this afternoon that is not. I don't know enough about software errors, but I'm sure we have some boarders who are techies who can explain.

It would have been nice to have someone tell us there was going to be a change with all this new stuff.

I can see this picture (someone just sent me the recipe;), don't know if anyone else can?

gumbo.thumb.jpg.f36b5cbf992ea3a6ceaf9079624f5a0a.jpg

Gumbo?

Contest update. What a time for a software screw up. Thanks to those that kept me from breaking out some WMD and taking it out on a light pole in front of my house that has been irritating me for some reason. LOL I feel for those running sales threads, seriously.

Any, I'm doing double duty now editing the prize lists and books and reloading them. There may be a thing or two missing as I kept most of the pics in a file, and believe it or not I was going to delete them all a few weeks back just to clear up some space, but Sharon talked me off the ledge so I kept them. Luckily, as all the books are packed and have no way of taking pics of them again, unless I broke them out, and that was not an option.

Don't know if the Giphs I collect for months will even be available. This really sucks, as many of them are targeted for certain people and dorks on here. I have to do some running.

Maybe we'll try to launch the contest later this afternoon, but it might be a bit of piece mealed together. No sense in holding off thinking this software will update. Who knows when that might happen. Might also just shorten things up by one day. More later.

23 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

GFcBRYy.gif

I didn't realize until years after the fact that "Beth" was actually Dana DeLorenzo (Ash vs Evil Dead.) Loved both shows and didn't put it together.

Here is my feedback for @DR.X

If someone really wanted to give back to the community, they wouldn't have some thread with "look at me" posts and broken links.  

They'd have a thread with "look at me" posts and working links.  

5 hours ago, DR.X said:

Thanks to those that kept me from breaking out some WMD and taking it out on a light pole in front of my house that has been irritating me for some reason

You live in Illinois, that streetlight would be out for months and you'd run over a toddler that you can't see above your windscreen. 

1 hour ago, DR.X said:
1 hour ago, Transplant said:

You live in Illinois, that streetlight would be out for months and you'd run over a toddler that you can't see above your windscreen. 

Actually, I'm in Indiana. I had to jump state lines.

Thanks for the deep concern, but actually we solved the street light problem months ago. I live on the end of the cul de sac. We actually have some great people down here and we all look out for each other 24/7.  When its nice out we set up a fire pit in the street, and people come down here and have a few beers, or whatever.

The street light was bothering us so we decided to just pull he shielding back and cut the live wire. It was a site to see. People running everywhere. We then installed our own private light switch on the pole so it might be the only one in existance. We control everything on this block, even the pole. :banana:

20201217_162618.jpg

20201217_162629.jpg

20201217_162652.jpg

4 hours ago, DR.X said:

The street light was bothering us so we decided to just pull he shielding back and cut the live wire. It was a site to see. People running everywhere. We then installed our own private light switch on the pole so it might be the only one in existance.

Yea, so.. that was a joke, right?