• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DR.X's Pre Christmas Contest Discussion Center
5 5

299 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

not at all. I took those pics earlier tonight. it's our cloaking device.

LOL. Well, I'd say your trial would be a short one. Based on your admission of guilt and self supplied photographic evidence. But based on the success of the forum software upgrade so far, I expect that post as well as all incriminating photographic evidence to soon just disappear, never to be seen or heard from again. But in case it's not, the manhunt for you and your cohorts should be short. They can find you all hanging out drinking beer at the community cul-de-sac firepit. 

I just wish I had been invited.

Okay folks, here's the update. Had a fit all day yesterday as I fixed things once, then it reverted back to the old codes, and had to redo every thing a second time. I could pizz and moan all day but for what.

I kind of pieced everything back together, so we will see what happens. I still don't have all the giphs loading right so there still may be a glitch but the show must go on. So bear with any delays once we start up. Some things still might not be in the right spot.

Please be patient, like I said things may be a bit slow so don't start carpet bombing me with giphs and stuff until we see if we get things running smooth.

So, hypothetical start time..............................later this afternoon between 5/6 I'll start loading the rules and prize list.

Since things got messed up, and the start date, I am shortening this contest by one full day. We will start today, and it will end on Sunday at 6 P.M. Central time. We'll try and squeeze it all in in three days instead of four. Best I can do, so lets  hope the new software holds up.

Oh and there is a major change for Canadian and Overseas contestants, so please read the rule change. Thanks

Edited by DR.X

4 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

Whats all this then?

we do a pre contest thread every year to let everyone get boozed and riled up and blow off some steam. who knows how this is going to go this year with all the stuff going on with this Covid, lock downs, software glitch's and such. the contest always starts in a separate thread in general when it kicks off.

Edited by DR.X

Just now, DR.X said:

we do a pre contest thread every year to let everyone get boozed and riled up and blow off some steam. who knows how this is going to go this year with all the stuff going on with this Covid, lockdowns, softwar glitch's and such. the contest always starts in a separate thread in general when it kicks off.

Is there a pre requisite?

I mean, I can get wasted and post stuff, and probably get a vacation, but not until Monday night

5 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

Is there a pre requisite?

I mean, I can get wasted and post stuff, and probably get a vacation, but not until Monday night

who knows. we try and keep things civil, people are trying to win stuff and have some laughs.

Just now, DR.X said:

nope just read the rules carefully so you get a hang of things. its all laid out pretty straight.

I noticed Canada and overseas is going to be specific, so I shall do 👍

On 12/13/2020 at 8:03 AM, 01TheDude said:

tenor.gif?itemid=3915565

My youngest son bought me a t-shirt with Keven on it - "Chili - it's about the best think I do."

32 minutes ago, DR.X said:

nope just read the rules carefully so you get a hang of things. its all laid out pretty straight.

But.., but DR.X..., 

Rules! We don't need no stinking rules!! - we don't need no stinking badges  | Meme Generator

12 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

:takeit:

... sadly I work tomorrow so I'm bummed out that the contest was delayed... but best of luck to everyone when boards get fixed. 

Sucks to be you, bro. :foryou: 

27 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
12 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

:takeit:

... sadly I work tomorrow so I'm bummed out that the contest was delayed... but best of luck to everyone when boards get fixed. 

Expand  

Sucks to be you, bro. :foryou: 

He said that last year, then clocked in late in the evening when he was on break or something, from some undisclosed location.

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Happy holidays,  Lizards!  Watch queens gambit yet?

Yes - loved it. The whole family loved it. The actress was so interesting to watch - short on talk, huge on expressive eye movements.  Just tremendous!  We are about five episodes in to Evil right now, and it is really good - I hope it doesn't "Dexter-out" on us..., 

6 hours ago, DR.X said:

Okay folks, here's the update. Had a fit all day yesterday as I fixed things once, then it reverted back to the old codes, and had to redo every thing a second time. I could pizz and moan all day but for what.

I kind of pieced everything back together, so we will see what happens. I still don't have all the giphs loading right so there still may be a glitch but the show must go on. So bear with any delays once we start up. Some things still might not be in the right spot.

Please be patient, like I said things may be a bit slow so don't start carpet bombing me with giphs and stuff until we see if we get things running smooth.

So, hypothetical start time..............................later this afternoon between 5/6 I'll start loading the rules and prize list.

Since things got messed up, and the start date, I am shortening this contest by one full day. We will start today, and it will end on Sunday at 6 P.M. Central time. We'll try and squeeze it all in in three days instead of four. Best I can do, so lets  hope the new software holds up.

Oh and there is a major change for Canadian and Overseas contestants, so please read the rule change. Thanks

837337633_twirlingtowardsfreedom.gif.36d

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:

Yes - loved it. The whole family loved it. The actress was so interesting to watch - short on talk, huge on expressive eye movements.  Just tremendous!  We are about five episodes in to Evil right now, and it is really good - I hope it doesn't "Dexter-out" on us..., 

Yes she was phenomenal.  Huge fan of hers now.  

Anyway, hopefully I can catch some of the festivities tonight during my break.

Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor.