• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rough outside spine
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I just got a new book that just came out. I was thinking of sending it in to get graded but the cover on the seem is rough from the bottom half way up its not bad to my point of veiw. But I'm not a graded. So any help would be appreciated thanks for looking.

PicsArt_12-13-12.10.01.jpg

PicsArt_12-13-12.12.00.jpg

PicsArt_12-13-12.12.51.jpg

PicsArt_12-13-12.13.52.jpg

PicsArt_12-13-12.15.57.jpg

Edited by Robert Ortiz Sr Collection

If what you mean by “seem” is the comic’s spine, what I believe you’re seeing is what happens sometimes with stiffer or heavier paper stock in that the paper fibers crack at the point where the cover is folded over.  Is this book Wolverine #6? I haven’t seen one in hand to know with any certainty, but the abrasions you see could very well be production related depending on the paper used. 2c

15 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

If what you mean by “seem” is the comic’s spine, what I believe you’re seeing is what happens sometimes with stiffer or heavier paper stock in that the paper fibers crack at the point where the cover is folded over.  Is this book Wolverine #6? I haven’t seen one in hand to know with any certainty, but the abrasions you see could very well be production related depending on the paper used. 2c

This.

20 hours ago, Robert Ortiz Sr Collection said:

Yes it is wolverine 6 the Alex Ross Timeless virgin variant. I never opened the book up I didn't read it. It just came like that. As the other person ask would it effect the grade and how? Thanks 

It may or may not affect the grade depending on how prevalent this defect is across all copies (is it considered production related or not?) and the cumulative effect of any other wear or defects on the book.  A book is graded on the entirety of it’s condition.