• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in --> PGM Star Wars #68
2 2

12 posts in this topic

Hello, thanks for your help!  There is a small tear near the staple, about 3mm in length.  Would this be considered a "very slight staple tear"?   There's also a spine roll, crease, slight spine tick and dimple.  What kind of grade increase would pressing give me?

Star Wars 68 FC.jpg

Star Wars 68 spine tear.jpg

Star Wars 68 spine crease dimple.jpg

Star Wars 68 FC UR.jpg

Star Wars 68 BC.jpg

Star Wars 68 FC UL.jpg

Edited by podochigae

On 12/15/2020 at 2:26 PM, Galen130 said:

Is that a split of the upper spine corner, or just wear??

By split, do you mean a tear?  I think it's just some wear, but, unfortunately, I can't confirm this, as I just sent it in to CGC and didn't take any more pictures.

I'll report back what they say, though (whenever that is).

Just got the book today - I was very pleasantly surprised.  Pressing completely removed that little dimple near the "Gene Day" on the left side.  I thought CGC would ding the book more due to the tear caused by the bottom staple, but apparently not, as it's considered "very light".  I'm very happy, needless to say.  Thanks everyone for their input!

Grader Notes:
very light spine stress lines to cover
very light staple tears

CGC Star Wars 68 FC.jpg