• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newbie - Trimmed book ?
2 2

16 posts in this topic

Hi,

On my 1st submission, I sent in an ASM 101.  It came back a 7.5 apparent, graders notes said it was trimmed.  This is impossible !  I am the original owner/buyer, got this directly from a newsstand back in the day.  I have neither the inclination, the tools or the experience to "trim" a book.  I have sent this back to CGC for re-evaluation.  How can such a call be made ?  The only place it could have been "trimmed" was at the newsstand, and I highly doubt in 1971  the owner of my local stationary store would have given a d**n.  What do you folks think?  Wayne            . 

IMG_2625.JPG

IMG_2626.JPG

Kind of related...I bought an OO collection in the mid ‘90s...had numerous books from the collection graded...one came back as Amateur Color Touch...I couldn’t find it and I think if it was there it was an accident, dropped sharpie or marker maybe...I know he wouldn’t have done as he was very meticulous with his books...who knows, I sold it and moved on from it...yours is an interesting case if truly bought off the rack...you must be a bit older than I am...

2 minutes ago, Zorro710 said:

Yep, I see that, but it is how I purchased it.

It doesn't appear to be a common production flaw, so you're at CGC's mercy.

Edit: Wait, I just read the label, and is says "Right Edge trimmed"!?

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

Just now, Zorro710 said:

Exactly !  I sent it back to CGC for re-evaluation.  I will defend my position to the death, as I KNOW I am right ! 

Good luck. It's tough for anyone to tell inside the slab, but it appears not trimmed to me.

Just know that CGC makes mistakes. Their employees after human, after all.

50 minutes ago, Zorro710 said:

Exactly !  I sent it back to CGC for re-evaluation.  I will defend my position to the death, as I KNOW I am right ! 

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!! 

"Right Edge Trimmed" indicates they thought the whole book was trimmed, not just the cover. I hope this works out for you. I remember buying this one off the stands as well...  :x

Edited by The Lions Den