• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reattaching centerfolds, specifically.

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I tend to like the history side of comics and not as much into the marketplace, I have a 1942 book that doesn't have a high cash value, but it is an important book to me., and my priority is to preserve structural integrity when only minor restoration is need, so in this specific instance I have a single staple GA book with a detached centerfold. The tear is clean, I think I want the centerfold re-attached. I'm never going to sell this book, and its structure is more important to me than the stigma of being a "restored book."
So what do you guys suggest? Is this an easy enough endeavor that I should learn to reattach it myself, or who might be the best option for this specifically - don't care about pressing, cleaning, etc. I just want to the centerfold re-attached at a professional level, which I don't know what that involves, and what level of professional ability is needed?

1.JPG

10 hours ago, B2D327 said:

If you feel adventurous, you can do it yourself and should you ever decide to get it slabbed or sold, it can be removed or given a “conservation” label 

ED5EBFC8-9008-4DEA-BC63-4208B9982D80.jpeg

Be VERY conservative though when applying it, as if CGC thinks the size/amount of tape is too much you will get it marked as restored.