• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone ever actually seen a Wags #46 (1st Sheena)?

11 posts in this topic

OK for no good reason I went down the rabbit hole of Sheena, and saw mention of her first appearance being in the british magazine/tabloid "Wags" issue #46. 

But I cant find ANY visual digital evidence of it, save for it's mention in the GCD and a small image I found of the page with Sheena's debut.

qualit3.gif.a97d0f512f6c5bb34c5641cc97c7de63.gif

(so small I can barely read some of the text!)

Has anyone actually seen, held, or owned a copy of Wags #46? I imagine a LOT of the copies got consumed during the paper drives of WWII over in the UK, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is massively scarce, or even just plan impossible to find. There's never even been a sale (as far as I can find) over on Heritage...

I asked about this a few years back when I got a couple early Jumbos and never got much of a response.  Aside from a few people seeing one or two of the later issues, I have not seen or heard of anyone who has run across one of the issues that were supposedly reprinted in the early Jumbo Comics.

On 12/3/2021 at 4:50 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Noone will ever find one. It's a myth, wrapped in an enigma, tied up in a box of forgotten lore, that's been flushed down a river of mystery.

So when one finally turns up it will be... water-damaged with twine marks? :eek: Pretty sure my presser charges double for that.

On 12/3/2021 at 8:21 PM, Point Five said:

So when one finally turns up it will be... water-damaged with twine marks? :eek: Pretty sure my presser charges double for that.

I mean probably no different than her 1st US appearance in Jumbo #1 and the other handful of larger issues that came after. What was the first Jumbo to be a normal comic size dimension, like issue #9 right, or was it #10? Either way, whenever I've seen the early issues come up for sale, they're always around a 3.0 or less in condition with like utterly wrecked spines.