• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Again..., 

to you.... 

And please explain why you all of a sudden believe that is happening?

Did you believe that mods were reading your PMs before you knew who they were?

Many of you assumed that there were board members serving as part of the moderation team before today.

Now some of you believe that once you know who they are they might be going through your PMs?

There is some high level lunacy if anyone here believes this to be true. 

PM sent :baiting:

1 minute ago, G G ® said:
3 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

This is their board. Would they not have the right to look at out PMs if they choose to? I'm not saying I agree with that but again it's their board. What "rights" should we expect on a message board held by a company? What privacy are we afforded? What privacy should we have here?

It's a pm Jeff. The P, I assume means 'private'.

I don't know. I think you might be being a little too literal. When I sign up on a board I have no expectation that any of my content will be completely private but maybe that's just me.

Lets drop the mods reading PMs line of conversation.  It doesnt really accomplish anything.  There are bigger fish to fry here.

On 12/16/2020 at 11:00 PM, 1950's war comics said:

a year or so ago when i was on my work computer,  i was not logged in but went to take a quick look at the boards,  and when i clicked on to my chat board profile it was completely different , it told me exactly how many likes i had given and was broken down to exactly what type of likes i had given (smile, thanks, confused etc..) it also told me exactly how many i had received in the same way , it also had a bunch of different stuff i had never seen before,.. but before i could take it all in i had to click away for an email and when i returned it was all gone and back to normal''' i realized that a mod was looking at my profile and this was soon after i had an slight, innocuous  interaction with one of our now "outed " mods in which i was given a warning literally for nothing.. i put that guy on ignore after that but now i understand why i was given that warning and now i understand why my home page was being profiled,... it was all linked to either the 100% politically motivated global warming thread or to the guy whom nobody can put on ignore even though countless members wish they could

You probably just clicked on your like symbol from the Leaderboard page on your last progress check visit:

535177755_Capture(6).thumb.PNG.b731ecc0c9ee01b566ece1ea19e54cfe.PNG

Nothing to do with mods whatsoever I would have thought, just a standard feature of the board software, available to all.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Lets drop the mods reading PMs line of conversation.  It doesnt really accomplish anything.  There are bigger fish to fry here.

It would explain a lot though, an awful lot when some of the more ridiculous, biased and vindictive strikes have been handed out.

Just now, G G ® said:

It would explain a lot though, an awful lot when some of the more ridiculous, biased and vindictive strikes have been handed out.

Sure and it would be human nature to peek a bit.  But we cant move anywhere with this.

I actually asked one of the three mods a few months ago, in a thread was he 'mod1'?

That is a matter of record.

The silence was deafening.

And the reason I asked the question in the first place was the behaviour and posting of said individual.

A pattern he has repeated today.

It all makes such perfect sense now.  

Just now, G G ® said:

yep , explains an awful lot why a certain member is allowed to be vindictive of anyone who disagrees with him and why a certain thread is allowed to exist which slaps all those in the face who don't buy into it

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

yep , explains an awful lot why a certain member is allowed to be vindictive of anyone who disagrees with him and why a certain thread is allowed to exist which slaps all those in the face who don't buy into it

I would leave if I were you.  You'll show them !

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Could ya be more cryptic?:makepoint:

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Or maybe some on the board behave in a manner that is just mind numbing ?

Seriously... 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I would leave if I were you.  You'll show them !

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Apparently the airing of grievances is coming early this year !

You after a job?