• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

Also, as a representative of the new guard, who hasn't had these forums burned into his brainstem over the last 20 years, let me say that I like these changes.  Huzzah.

I zero problem with member mods. Most forums have them, they care about the place and usually volunteer their time. But it's always been weird to not know who they were. 

I'm glad we know. Transparency is nice.  

2 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

then dare venture into the global warming thread and make your case that global warming is a natural occurrence and is overblown...

you will be torn apart by a mod and will likely end up getting a warning if you persist in your own beliefs

I wouldn't do that because that sounds like something an anti-vaxxer, anti-masker would do, not someone who thinks that at worst case environmental protections, even if not necessary, will simply improve the environment.  In any case, you've managed 17k posts over 6 years so they clearly haven't destroyed your will to participate.

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

let's be honest, there's a few that I know I thought were mods that are not.

I'm a little disappointed.

Last night I was PM'd that since I am believed to be a mod would I do something for them. 

:facepalm:

1 minute ago, Poekaymon said:

I wouldn't do that because that sounds like something an anti-vaxxer, anti-masker would do, not someone who thinks that at worst case environmental protections, even if not necessary, will simply improve the environment.  In any case, you've managed 17k posts over 6 years so they clearly haven't destroyed your will to participate.

then do it in an extremely nice unbiased way , as sort of a counter debate experiment, be extremely modest but state the other side , you will be excoriated and be given a warning if not a strike , there are two sides to every debate except in that thread and now we know why , it was started by a mod and that mod considers it "HIS OWN" thread

31 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Victim card played....

Sure.  getting a strike for posting an emoji or tagging Buzz, or mentioning global warming when there is a thread on global warming-nothing to see here.

16 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

then dare venture into the global warming thread and make your case that global warming is a natural occurrence and is overblown...

you will be torn apart by a mod and will likely end up getting a warning if you persist in your own beliefs

You don’t believe in global warming?:facepalm: