• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

hm 

This thread has not reached its apex.  There are only a few things left for this thread to be 'the' thread of 2020.

Hide contents

Screenshots

ftfy

8 hours ago, PeterPark said:

maybe it was a hack...

until I saw this thread, I thought it was only me that all the pictures are not available In the holiday gift exchange thread 

Edited by rogue14
Verbiage

21 minutes ago, G G ® said:

One of the mods got outed for shilling his own auctions on ebay.

Another true story.

that is really sad,,, but it does not surprise me at all... that person should recuse themselves from moderating these boards 

moderation here has become  the fox guarding a hen house

Edited by 1950's war comics

1 minute ago, 1950's war comics said:

that is really sad,,, but it does not surprise me at all... that person should not only recuse themselves from moderating these boards 

moderation here has become a the fox guarding a hen house

Again, you can always leave. 

If the place is so oppressive to you then find a place you can call home.  I don't really post on the a action figure site I am on because there is so much drama and a bunch of nut jobs that run the asylum. It's a wealth of information though so I check in once in awhile.   If this place is soooooo terrible then find someplace that isn't. 

16 minutes ago, G G ® said:

One of the mods got outed for shilling his own auctions on ebay.

Another true story.

i wonder if the mod who shilled his own ebay auction is the same mod who will instantly remove a sales thread and hand out a strike/points for the most minor accidental sales thread infraction ???

it is becoming easier to put the pieces together as to why this happens , 

While I completely agree with Donna's opinion of GW, that Weather thread is political or at least bumps into politics like the Covid one.

You can scroll through it and see how it's been generally moderated in one direction, that of the original poster, who happens to be the moderator.

Definitely feels like a do as I say not what I do, kind of moderation.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

If the place is so oppressive to you then find a place you can call home.  I don't really post on the a action figure site I am on because there is so much drama and a bunch of nut jobs that run the asylum. It's a wealth of information though so I check in once in awhile.   If this place is soooooo terrible then find someplace that isn't. 

How would this approach have gone over in the civil rights actions of the 60s?
"If you dont like it-leave"

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

i have never once looked at that thread so whats your point  ?

if you started a thread and never contribute to it then maybe you need to find another place to call home, 

5 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i wonder if the mod who shilled his own ebay auction is the same mod who will instantly remove a sales thread and hand out a strike/points for the most minor accidental sales thread infraction ???

it is becoming easier to put the pieces together as to why this happens , 

As far as I am aware, it was not one occasion, but multiples occasions. Big seller here too.

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Because this isn't 'Civil Rights'

This a message board for comic collectors. 

This is not about turning a firehose on someone over the color of their skin because they walked into a diner through the front door.

This is a privately owned message board that owns the sandbox that they allow you to play in.  You may get the dimples in your underwear all messed up over that but the rules here are pretty lax.  You yourself have told me that the moderation over on whatever that thing they call at CBCS is even tighter. 

So do not compare this to a Civil Rights movement. 

The member moderators do not own these boards.  It is not privately owned by them.  They are entrusted to moderate fairly, and that has come into question.  1950s or anyone is free to raise points about that without beng told if you dont like it leave.

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Comparing the idea of complaining on a comic book message board to the Civil Rights movement is laughable. 

It's called Reductio ad absurdum and is a perfectly valid form of argument.

Just now, MGsimba77 said:

Anyone else able to see certain images but not others??? (shrug)

Images hosted by an external site such as photobucket are still up some ones uploaded to the site's hosting is down at the moment.