• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

Guys.....keep it civil.

There will be no more warnings.

Fake pic

Shame on you, troll of all trolls

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I am talking about a particular site - not a thread - dedicated to action figures.   It can still be a wealth of information due to what is posted but engaging with the members there is like engaging with a grouping of toddlers with only one tonka toy between them. 

I choose not to engage and silently watch them fight amongst themselves.  

If you feel that you are so mistreated here.  You can stay and continue to be mistreated or leave.

I don't think you are mistreated.  I think that you behave a certain way and you receive the consequences of your actions.  

Bingo

3 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

It's not so much about that there have been fluctuations in temperature over time, as everyone understands.  It's unfortunate that what is a totally legitimate movement for environmental protections aimed at, say, Co2, habitat loss, species extinction, water pollution, density of plastics in the ocean, etc etc, has been tied with the word "warming" so that anytime the year is colder or something a bunch of hayseeds post #globalwarming! all sarcastically and discount anything even tangentially related to it.  The part that I don't get is: what is it that the scientists are advocating for that offends the global warming hoax people so much.  It's not like they're coming to take your guns.  :)

Exactly, the word "warming" has very literally been the biggest detriment to what should've been a globally accepted movement.  We have a family friend who was one of the early researchers (gatherers of data/analyst) and she said there was a lot of debate about what to officially call the "phenomenon"...  There were concerns people would lose site of the bigger picture because of that single word, "warming".  At the time most of them never even considered these facts would be argued or debated.  It was supposed to be the movement that united countries...

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

that is really sad,,, but it does not surprise me at all... that person should recuse themselves from moderating these boards 

moderation here has become  the fox guarding a hen house

I'm not sure I quite understand all of your posts. There is a thread in the water cooler you feel has issues, but as far as I can remember, I've never seen any actual complaints about the thread? 

If someone makes a complaint, all the mods and admins can see the complaints, not just one person, they can't be "hidden" or manipulated. Since I don't recall seeing any, I'm guessing you have not made many (if any).

So perhaps finding specific issues and pointing them out would be more constructive than attacking someone who is a very honest person and volunteers their time merely out of love of the forum?

No moderator is going to look perfect to everyone, those kinds of people just don't exist, but rather than attack a volunteer, perhaps some specific constructive criticism (if you have some) in the way of reporting posts would be more helpful and fix any issues that bother you.

I'm not saying I have never seen that thread because I may have at one time and forgotten, but I don't remember reading it, so it certainly does not get frequent complaints and  I'm surprised that you are just bringing up issues here.

3 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I'm not sure I quite understand all of your posts. There is a thread in the water cooler you feel has issues, but as far as I can remember, I've never seen any actual complaints about the thread? 

If someone makes a complaint, all the mods and admins can see the complaints, not just one person, they can't be "hidden" or manipulated. Since I don't recall seeing any, I'm guessing you have not made many (if any).

So perhaps finding specific issues and pointing them out would be more constructive than attacking someone who is a very honest person and volunteers their time merely out of love of the forum?

No moderator is going to look perfect to everyone, those kinds of people just don't exist, but rather than attack a volunteer, perhaps some specific constructive criticism (if you have some) in the way of reporting posts would be more helpful and fix any issues that bother you.

I'm not saying I have never seen that thread because I may have at one time and forgotten, but I don't remember reading it, so it certainly does not get frequent complaints and  I'm surprised that you are just bringing up issues here.

My criticism is no one should be a mod if they have gone after other boardies.  With insults and what not.  I gave the example of Hudson, who has never done that.  There are plenty of others.

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Hudson is a special person who is going to "go after" me for saying that;)

Sometimes people just have a bad day. Best mods would be robots. If you can invent a few to take over, I'd happily agree :foryou:

If we could just have all sky pinky mods everything would be perfect.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

My criticism is no one should be a mod if they have gone after other boardies.  With insults and what not.  I gave the example of Hudson, who has never done that.  There are plenty of others.

They are boardies themselves and until today a cloak of anonymity.  You show me a volunteer that will take the abuse that I have seen people on these forums endure, for free, and not defend themselves in some fashion and not walk away with some sort of chip to remind them of that encounter.

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

They are boardies themselves and until today a cloak of anonymity.  You show me a volunteer that will take the abuse that I have seen people on these forums endure, for free, and not defend themselves in some fashion and not walk away with some sort of chip to remind them of that encounter.

easy-skypink