• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, wilbil said:

no offense, but it means very little whether it is stated that it is the exact item that will be received. one heck of a lot of buyers have regretted that kind of come and buy me statement.

trust but verify.

I use the default item description for things like dimensions for certain items.   So for example, I was recently given a hefty bag of handbags that my mom did not want and was going to donate.  I saw that the retail value was $300-$400 a bag and that they were retired.   I will be listing those on her eBay site. 

Using the product dimensions from the manufacturer can be important on something like as the features and terminology are best described in accordance to the manufacturer. However, you are also right and I will also add a second description to describe the overall condition along with my own pictures.

As with anything on eBay it is usually best to go by a case to case basis depending on the item. 

53 minutes ago, wilbil said:

no offense, but it means very little whether it is stated that it is the exact item that will be received. one heck of a lot of buyers have regretted that kind of come and buy me statement.

trust but verify.

I notice that you have a lot of posts in a relatively short period of time, and yet you don't even seem to have a profile pic.  May I suggest one?

1288774562_ScreenShot2017-05-05at10_04_17AM.png.9b5338ab570be95f64d398ff74828eae.png

20 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

I notice that you have a lot of posts in a relatively short period of time, and yet you don't even seem to have a profile pic.  May I suggest one?

1288774562_ScreenShot2017-05-05at10_04_17AM.png.9b5338ab570be95f64d398ff74828eae.png

i have my moments. 

22 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

a lot of posts in a relatively short period of time

really?lol  i take that as a compliment. i am new around here.

48 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

This is new.

image.png.56d1886d9a940ac7da6cb22b7451ee77.png

Yep, just approached me via pm. I deleted the pm immediately.

Obvious shill, even used my initials in his handle.  :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:
3 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

The 13 posts and Joined: Monday at 07:59 AM wasn't enough to tell us he's a noob? ??? 

Thanks little noob hand. 

That’s a high five 

Noob high fives...

sadtom1.gif

4 hours ago, DR.X said:

I tried again this morning but the links still won't attach pics. You can't even edit and reload a pic, as there is no "edit" tab visible yet only the quote button.

I just went back and re-added all of mine first thing this morning. I just wanted/needed it fixed so that people can peruse my thread. My OCD couldn't accept a Kramerithread without pictures. It kept me up last night just thinking about the broken links. This is a shameless plug for my sales thread. Happy Holidays.

Since we now know the identities of our mods, can I just take a moment to mention how handsome and/or beautiful you're looking today? Also, please disregard anything I've ever said about moderation. I'm sure I was just joking. Again, you're looking great!

download.jpg