• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Board upgrades? Aka The Airing of Grievances Thread
12 12

1,538 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, DR.X said:

Bingo, yet keep doing the same thing, and keep crying about moderation.

Biggest problem I've had is when I had 3 points come off, then instead of taking a 1 point hit, got slapped with 3 points again.

It didn't make sense to me, but hey, at the end of the day, it is what it is

23 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

Why? I've had to do it. Some people here hit a certain point with you where they become simply intolerable and the only option you have is be banned or start playing that game.

I am not a fan of moderation, I am a fan of having an ignore function that wipes another users existence from your experience. 

The old fashioned way of doing things was running people off, and it was widely accepted and generally effective. Then suddenly the internet became for everyone, because there is money to be made. So the next best thing came along, the ignore feature. It was a boon.

Dunno what happened to THAT, but hey, here we are

Colour me old school, but hitting the moderator button is akin to tattle-taling.

I’ve hit it twice.  Both times on myself.  I used to hot link images, and the host would switch them out with highly offensive images that I needed taken down immediately.

We also used to be able to battle it out with other members publicly without much intervention.  In the absence of that freedom ( current boards), I guess I could see why someone might hump the button in order to prevent themselves from getting a vacation.

14 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

My mod-ness is limited to the VCC section of the boards and all I can do is hide/unhide, lock/unlock, and move posts and threads to other sections of the VCC Expo Center.
I don't even have a secret mod number. :cry:

I do like the badge thingie over my avatar though.
It brings back that feeling when I was a small child of wearing the paper Burger King crown and feeling important.

You're still a narc in my eyes, chumley

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

Colour me old school, but hitting the moderator button is akin to tattle-taling.

I’ve hit it twice.  Both times on myself.  I used to hot link images, and the host would switch them out with highly offensive images that I needed taken down immediately.

We also used to be able to battle it out with other members publicly without much intervention.  In the absence of that freedom ( current boards), I guess I could see why someone might hump the button in order to prevent themselves from getting a vacation.

Quit your whining, one star whiner.

Boo hoo, the one star bandit hit me again.

Waaa waaa waaa

16 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

My mod-ness is limited to the VCC section of the boards and all I can do is hide/unhide, lock/unlock, and move posts and threads to other sections of the VCC Expo Center.
I don't even have a secret mod number. :cry:

I do like the badge thingie over my avatar though.
It brings back that feeling when I was a small child of wearing the paper Burger King crown and feeling important.

Sounds like something a mod who had complete power over the boards would say.   hm

Just now, THE_BEYONDER said:

Absolutely, but this isn't 2002 anymore. The whole structure of online culture has changed, drastically. Used to be, you could say what you wanted, and the ones offended either lipped off, or just ignored you. These days you simply cannot stop being paved into a corner and irradicated by the PC pod people. So the only recourse is to use the tools they have devised, hit that button so the discourse isn't completely one sided and you have at least a say. 

These tactics simply sicken me, because its so freaking weak. But again, here we are, in 2020.

This is NOT my internet. So I play the game. MY internet is elsewhere, where these people have no hope of survival, which is why I spend most of my time there

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Are you suggesting the same mod who hid it must have un-hid it, then?  I have no clue who did either side, but if I were to guess I would say Blowie hid it, and Sharon un-hid it.  I say that mostly because of how quickly the post was deleted coupled with many examples over most of the last decade where Blowie has frequently assumed that my un-PC humor was either serious or surreptitiously dangerous in some way.

When you're on your moderator account do you see the posts other moderators have deleted/hidden?

I didn't hide or unhide anything. I saw the post, laughed and went past it. I have a feeling it was a software glitch.

For those who know me, I didn't care about the babe threads either, although I did post a few men in there as a joke.

Yes, I can see other posts that were hidden, but I'd have to sign in under the other account.

2 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

I didn’t whine to the mods:makepoint:

You did worse.  You whined to us and it was nauseating so it was soooooo fun on my end.

Dufus