• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A List of Issues Relating to the Mid-December 2020 Forum Software Upgrade
4 4

89 posts in this topic

UPDATED 22/02/21

:shy:

@dena

Let's make a list of the things that are wrong, to help the admins put them right - post them here as you see them and I'll add them to this post:

• The 'return to the top' button that used to be bottom right of the screen is missing  SOLVED
  • All pictures are missing from posts, signature lines, about me pages etc  SOLVED
  • External email notifications have been curtailed to a single line of text instead of the previous full post text  SOLVED
  • Moderator symbols have appeared under certain members avatars  DOESN'T SEEM TO BOTHER ANY OF THEM
  • The 'Top Posters in This Thread' summary to the right of each thread compresses the text in each post - likely an unpopular feature but might be nice at the foot of the page instead (something we could vote on perhaps?):  SOLVED/REMOVED
  • Banner adverts are missing (I like this but the one with the rear pants flap was quite nice)  SOLVED
  • Not sure what 'Member's Solved Count' means - this only seems to appear in the 'Chat Board Questions & Issues' forum so may relate to previously answered questions?:  NOW UNDERSTOOD (BUT COULD BE REMOVED AS IT HAS NO PRACTICAL APPLICATION)
  • Intermittent performance issues: SOLVED/NO ISSUES REPORTED FOR SOME TIME
  • A new process relating to journal entries requires explanation  SOLVED/NOW UNDERSTOOD
  • The 'Edit' a post button has moved from the lower 'Quote' bar to the three dots to the top right of each post  NO COMPLAINTS/ACCEPTED
  • The close a sales thread button is missing
  • Lengthy text goes off the page in a number of areas, e.g.:

1b.PNG.297c2c70da2b613e1231ecf2346181bb.PNG         

• The 'expand' function has returned within quoted posts (this was previously voted down) - example below:

2.PNG.63f61b483df9498b6df417903cfbeea9.PNG

• The colouring has become a little stark (old Golders vs new Golders below) - the white is bright enough to hurt the eyes:

55000.PNG.e8be69063a6af8426376930f3917ed48.PNG 55001.PNG.508e0ba2c0663c10a7271d8a5718aae7.PNG
                    Old Version                               New Version

• The 'Online Users' page now no longer fits the page - this seems to happen when the thread titles being viewed are too long - the page expands to accommodate them rather than they are shrunk / curtailed to fit 
  • The 'theme' option is missing at the foot of the page (pinch zoom etc)
  • The 'Jump To' feature appears to be missing
  • Members with long names are getting chopped:

gcg.png.fc0b866eaf13e042abf96fb11c00b536.png

• Formatting issues in certain screens, e.g.:

Capture.thumb.PNG.6d63b54a1273067ff26dbb84ef5174b2.PNG

Edited by Get Marwood & I
Update

27 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Let's face it, it's f:censored: hilarious isn't it.

Can you imagine Arch's face when he sees his inbox. "Holy sweet Mother of F:censored:what's happened!"

lol

I don't think that is going to happen.   Arch has not been around these parts in a good long time. 

Edited by Buzzetta

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't think that is going to happen.   Arch has not been around these parts in a good long time. 

I know, I was joking Buzz.

Dena is the principle admin contact now and has been for a while. She'll be along soon I'm sure, to respond to what has happened. The admin model is very different now and they spend the majority of their time on other things now that the site is more or less self functioning. There is a 99% chance that they were not even advised of this upgrade by Invision. That is the model now (I've asked in the past).

I predict our admin will be as annoyed as we are, when they get to see what has happened. I also predict that they will sort all the problems if they are given the time to. We should support them in that, I think. 

14 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

This change needs to be rolled back as soon as possible.  Feel sorry for people running sales threads right now.  :facepalm:

I’ve got a 39-page Modern sales thread.  I certainly hope these issues get fixed...I won’t spend time fixing everything I’ve been working on since July...:pullhair:

17 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

This change needs to be rolled back as soon as possible.  Feel sorry for people running sales threads right now.  :facepalm:

negative waves, negative waves. always with the negative waves,...

29 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

My 157 page sales thread :ohnoez:

Edited by Azkaban

24 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I just checked my sale thread.  All images have broken link and cannot be seen!!!!

Hey Admins!  Roll back!!!