• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A List of Issues Relating to the Mid-December 2020 Forum Software Upgrade
4 4

89 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

No one seemed to get the joke, an immediate IHTNB thread five minutes after the upgrade :eyeroll:

I get your limey humour, but I can't resist a pile on. :D

2 hours ago, bababooey said:
2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Is it covered by the fourth bullet in the opening post Triple-B?

Not really, the right side is back now....but when i read/posted in this thread i had full widescreen view.  Musta been s glitch!

I see it now - will add to the list

39 minutes ago, Cocomonkey said:

The ability to mark a forum as read is gone...all you can do now is mark the entire site as read

I was bothered by this, but actually, you can mark sub-forums as "read" by clicking on that orange message bubble on the left side of sub-forums on the home page.

Edited by Angel of Death

38 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

I was bothered by this, but actually, you can mark sub-forums as "read" by clicking on that orange message bubble on the left side of sub-forums on the home page.

What’s the purpose of this function????

5 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

What’s the purpose of this function????

I will use the PGM sub-forum as an example. Let's say, at 7 AM, I complete commenting on the new posts. There are still 20 unread topics, but I already commented on them yesterday, and I want to be alerted to if/when there are new threads throughout the time I am online. Marking the sub-forum as "read" is much easier than opening 20 new tabs to accomplish the same task.