• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A List of Issues Relating to the Mid-December 2020 Forum Software Upgrade
4 4

89 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, DWL said:

Did we ever get an answer to what the "Members solved count" is?  I just saw it again when looking through a thread and am curious.

From the Invision website forum:

https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/457206-members-solved-count-what-is-it/

14 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Can we please, please get rid of the new “top posters in this thread” feature? It adds nothing essential and shrinks the actual content area by about 1/3. 

:wishluck:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/480229-problem-with-the-board-software-update-yesterday/?do=findComment&comment=11521548

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

Can we please, please get rid of the new “top posters in this thread” feature? It adds nothing essential and shrinks the actual content area by about 1/3. 

Yes, that I do agree with that.

How does that benefit to me? Or to members here? Please explain the logic of having “top posters” feature on the right side, causing the content area shrinking down by 1/3 length.

To me, I don’t see how it will help us with the “top posts” thing. Is it to boost the poster’s ego to feel superior with most posts counted?

Sorry to say that but I have to be blunt anyway. 

18150BF6-A11B-40B1-9FC4-895ECCF016EB.jpeg

On 12/17/2020 at 9:20 PM, 01TheDude said:

image.thumb.png.6506687826be6789ced219bab9b8edaa.png

well I be-- didn't even think of doing this.

There are a couple members who list books for sale that I have bought from before, and tend to have things I want, so I have them on my "follow" list with an email alert so I know to look at their sales.

38 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

I'm unable to UNFOLLOW users.

Somehow I get a notification every time someone posts in the plastic crack thread...

I didn't do that in purpose so not sure how to end it... I looked to unfollow it is why I'm quoting you, cause I would assume it's a similar issue

I think I got mine taken care of

it was the green settings icon next to the title in the thread...

I was outside in the misty rain the other day on my phone

I don't remember but suppose I could have hit a button somehow.... lol 

image.thumb.png.ba78d55018c83419e502c1990a5bc88c.png

Since this hasn't been crossed out yet in the first post I'll bring it up again. it would be nice to be able to see full messages and posts with pictures within email notifications. This is how it was before the change . Sometimes the email does not require gong to the site but now there's no way to know. Often the message is just dots   ...  Maybe the point is to force people to visit the site, who knows. 

Also, since I'm talking emails, does everyone get this in every email? If there's one email with multiple notifications from the same thread it's there between each one. Always the same 2 very old  suggestions. This isn't a new problem. it's been like this a long time. Can I get rid of it? 

Screenshots_2021-01-22-16-16-16_1.jpg

17 hours ago, BriD. said:

Since this hasn't been crossed out yet in the first post I'll bring it up again. it would be nice to be able to see full messages and posts with pictures within email notifications. This is how it was before the change . Sometimes the email does not require gong to the site but now there's no way to know. Often the message is just dots   ...  Maybe the point is to force people to visit the site, who knows. 

I agree and would like for that to return. I have added it to the list, admin are aware, that's all we can do.

Also, since I'm talking emails, does everyone get this in every email? If there's one email with multiple notifications from the same thread it's there between each one. Always the same 2 very old  suggestions. This isn't a new problem. it's been like this a long time. Can I get rid of it? 

Those suggestions are hard coded and appear at the foot of every email notification. It would be nice to see them change from time to time, to keep things fresh. Being cosmetic however, I think the chances of getting them changed are very slim. 

17 hours ago, Chazgee said:

I'm unable to UNFOLLOW users.

There is a process for that Chazgee, as follows (desktop instructions):

• Go to your name top right and select 'Manage Followed Content':

follow1.PNG.db33c6426366252dce5131853345bbf2.PNG

• In the following screen, on the left hand side you will see a list of things to manage like so:

follow2.PNG.7d043b93d8e0f445856143819217f7c5.PNG

• Scroll to the bottom and select 'Members' under 'Other':

follow3.PNG.c03a49cf5b78f29e3f01188f824b706d.PNG

• In the final screen, select the person you no longer wish to follow by clicking on the box to the right of 'Change Preferences'. This will bring up a box at the foot of the screen - click on the cross to the right and the member will be unfollowed:

follow4.thumb.PNG.5b4b8c2cb606ba09c63392086a9f5311.PNG

It does work - I have just retried it. If you still get notifications from that person after the change it will likely be in respect of a thread that you are following in which they are regularly posting. I can post instructions for that if you need them.

Good luck

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

There is a process for that Chazgee, as follows (desktop instructions):

• Go to your name top right and select 'Manage Followed Content':

follow1.PNG.db33c6426366252dce5131853345bbf2.PNG

• In the following screen, on the left hand side you will see a list of things to manage like so:

follow2.PNG.7d043b93d8e0f445856143819217f7c5.PNG

• Scroll to the bottom and select 'Members' under 'Other':

follow3.PNG.c03a49cf5b78f29e3f01188f824b706d.PNG

• In the final screen, select the person you no longer wish to follow by clicking on the box to the right of 'Change Preferences'. This will bring up a box at the foot of the screen - click on the cross to the right and the member will be unfollowed:

follow4.thumb.PNG.5b4b8c2cb606ba09c63392086a9f5311.PNG

It does work - I have just retried it. If you still get notifications from that person it will likely be in respect of a thread that you are following.

Good luck

Works perfectly, thanks!