• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A List of Issues Relating to the Mid-December 2020 Forum Software Upgrade
4 4

89 posts in this topic

• Administrator
  • External email notifications have been curtailed to a single line of text instead of the previous full post text

I believe I found the setting to fix this issue. Let me know if you continue to see just a single line.

2 hours ago, dena said:
  • External email notifications have been curtailed to a single line of text instead of the previous full post text

I believe I found the setting to fix this issue. Let me know if you continue to see just a single line.

Works for me! Full text and pics too :foryou:

11 hours ago, BriD. said:
14 hours ago, dena said:

Works for me! Full text and pics too :foryou:

My 'Somebody reacted to a post in a topic' notifications have reverted to the full post text now too, thanks Dena.

The 'Your CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards digest' notifications were unchanged by the December update so I presume they'll stay the same as full text. The only notification type I have yet to check (assuming they can differ?) are the 'Someone quoted one of your posts', 'You were mentioned in a post by...' and private messages. Hopefully the change you made will cover them all, but I'll let you know if any of those remain curtailed the next time I get one.

6 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

My 'Somebody reacted to a post in a topic' notifications have reverted to the full post text now too, thanks Dena.

The 'Your CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards digest' notifications were unchanged by the December update so I presume they'll stay the same as full text. The only notification type I have yet to check (assuming they can differ?) are the 'Someone quoted one of your posts', 'You were mentioned in a post by...' and private messages. Hopefully the change you made will cover them all, but I'll let you know if any of those remain curtailed the next time I get one.

I can confirm that "someone quoted one of  your posts" notification works too. 

6 minutes ago, BriD. said:

I can confirm that "someone quoted one of  your posts" notification works too. 

I'll send you a PM now with the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody BriD - if you get the lot, we're laughing :wishluck:

On 2/19/2021 at 2:55 PM, dena said:

Haha, I tracked down this thread to report back that this had been fixed, and found a bunch of other responses already.

Thanks for fixing this, it is greatly appreciated.

• Administrator

Regarding this one:

Not sure what 'Member's Solved Count' means - this only seems to appear in the 'Chat Board Questions & Issues' forum so may relate to previously answered questions?: NOW UNDERSTOOD (BUT COULD BE REMOVED AS IT HAS NO PRACTICAL APPLICATION)

I found the setting to remove it but it doesn't work and it has been reported to Invision as bug.

On 2/23/2021 at 9:24 PM, dena said:

Regarding this one:

Not sure what 'Member's Solved Count' means - this only seems to appear in the 'Chat Board Questions & Issues' forum so may relate to previously answered questions?: NOW UNDERSTOOD (BUT COULD BE REMOVED AS IT HAS NO PRACTICAL APPLICATION)

I found the setting to remove it but it doesn't work and it has been reported to Invision as bug.

You've cleared 1,871 things from the to-do list Dena!?  :whatthe:

On 2/14/2021 at 5:49 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I flagged this to Dena in my December Change issues thread, noting that it could be removed as it related to old activity and there is no current forum to activate any further entries. It only appears in Q&A forums but the upvoting / marked as read functionality is switched off.

So basically it's a cosmetic, historic irrelevance which was auto-switched back on when Invision upgraded the site in December (and which our Admins had no control over). It remains to this day because our admins are busy doing other things and the remedial task, however simple to effect, would likely rank as number 1,872 on their to do list.