• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Received Aug 18th.
1 1

10 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2020 at 9:12 AM, Sayntin said:

87 Days now, over 4 months.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:14 AM, comicquant said:

Well within the bounds of a value submission

No one likes waiting.  But at 87 days one or both of two things is going on. Either you sent in pre 1975 books at the least expensive tier. Value - which says it is 85 days. 85 BUSINESS days. Weekends and major holidays are not business days. When you say "87 Days now" that is not calendar days .It's Monday through Friday. At most five days a week. 

Or you might be having your books pressed? If so, that will add months to getting your books back. 

As I said, no one likes waiting. But CGC makes it simple. Pay less and wait longer. Or pay more and get it faster. If you are willing to pay the price, you can have your books done and on their way back to you the next business day after CGC receives them.  There is an old saying in auto racing that applies here:  "Speed costs money. How fast can you afford to go?" 

On 12/17/2020 at 3:10 PM, Lightning55 said:

Currently showing 85 days for Value, 17 weeks.  That is an embarrassment, considering Modern is 27 days.  I'd fix that, but that's just me, not CGC.

Moderns - since CGC opened - have always had faster TAT's. A lot faster TAT's.  I don't pretend to totally understand it.  I mean modern is the least expensive tier, but has always, historically had better TAT than Value or Economy, which costs more. 

But I'm sure there are good business reasons for it, since it's been that way since day one. I've been told moderns can be graded faster, so there is that. 

On 12/17/2020 at 10:12 AM, Sayntin said:

87 Days now, over 4 months.

Looks to me like @Sayntin IS counting business days.  Wouldn't say "over 4 months" if the 87 days were just calendar days.  87 days would be just UNDER 3 months.  Seems pretty clear on that.

I had a Value submission received on 10/8 (no pressing).  Around the end of October, it moved to "Scheduled".  According to the turn around time, I should see it some time in February.  That will be "Scheduled" for a very, very long time, Nov-Jan inclusive.  Sad.