• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How are we feeling about the new CGC Boards tweaks?
3 3

89 posts in this topic

When you click on a Thread to the right the top 4 posters to the Thread are posted

Most popular posts to a Thread

Most popular days a Thread has had

You can identify Mods by a circular symbol on their Avatar (new?)

There's a tab down section on the upper left

Did i miss anything? 

Edited by sagii

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

Not sure about the other changes, but I applaud the elimination of the annoying ad banners.  I hated them.  :applause:

Not sure about the ad banners since I never paid any attention to them at all anyways. (shrug)

As for all of this new crapola they are posting to the right, they need to ekiminate all of it as it adds absolutely zippo to the discussion in the thread, and serves only to take up valuable space resulting in a format that now looks like pure sheit garbage.  :mad:  :censored:

26 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure about the ad banners since I never paid any attention to them at all anyways. (shrug)

As for all of this new crapola they are posting to the right, they need to ekiminate all of it as it adds absolutely zippo to the discussion in the thread, and serves only to take up valuable space resulting in a format that now looks like pure sheit garbage.  :mad:  :censored:

Soooo your a fan? 

I actually don't mind it. They seem to have gotten the pictures straightened out and it seems a little more responsive (maybe that's just me?)

Other than that not a ton of difference. 

I do wonder when and if they'll migrate to an App ? 

3 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Not sure about the other changes, but I applaud the elimination of the annoying ad banners.  I hated them.  :applause:

An error that I'm sure they are working diligently to fix. (:

10 hours ago, sagii said:

When you click on a Thread to the right the top 4 posters to the Thread are posted

Most popular posts to a Thread

Most popular days a Thread has had

You can identify Mods by a circular symbol on their Avatar (new?)

There's a tab down section on the upper left

Did i miss anything? 

I don't mind the new changes, but most of the photo links are broken for me. (shrug)

The widening of notification boxes on the right is intrusive and distracting, especially in threads where folks are displaying images that benefit from detail enhancement.    

Do notifications really need to be inside threads where no one is looking for them?  hm

Granted, cell phone snapshots aren’t dependent on detail for showing off a recent acquisition, but for those of us using iPads, laptops or desktop computers to scrutinize books more closely the size of scanned images is critical.  

Also, squeezing posts makes paragraphs seem infinitely long.  My paragraphs are verbose enough already. lol

Other changes seem relatively modest and may be beneficial.  That said, between the service interruption and images being dropped the past few days it looked like Russian hackers were involved. :ohnoez:

29 minutes ago, Cat-Man_America said:

That said, between the service interruption and images being dropped the past few days it looked like Russian hackers were involved. :ohnoez:

Not sure why all of you tend to get away with what a certain Mod would call a political statement if I had posted it and then been banished accordingly to the CGC sin bin for at least a couple of weeks. (:

The mere mention of looking for a bottle of Lysol at the store or Post Office delays in a hilarious joking format when they were the hot and juicy news of the day were more enough to send me away for a few weeks to wipe these evil and sinful thoughts from my mind.  :mad:  :censored:

13 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not sure why all of you tend to get away with what a certain Mod would call a political statement if I had posted it and then been banished accordingly to the CGC sin bin for at least a couple of weeks. (:

The mere mention of looking for a bottle of Lysol at the store or Post Office delays in a hilarious joking format when they were the hot and juicy news of the day were more enough to send me away for a few weeks to wipe these evil and sinful thoughts from my mind.  :mad:  :censored:

I still can't find Lysol spray most of the time where I live, and the post office window is so far from where you have to stand that it requires leaning toward the clerk...Now, let's see if I get shut down for that...:insane:  I've never even had a warning here, so I guess I just don't rant loud enough...:roflmao:

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

Any idea how to “mark the forum read”?  Used to be a link at the top of each forum.  I can never read all the posts, so always like to mark forum read to know the last time I scanned the boards.  I’m not seeing it now...?

Well, the one for marking "the entire site read" is still there.  :gossip:

:idea:  The easy solution to your dilemma is to simply read everything in the Forum and your problem is solved for you. lol

Much better than what it used to be before their update several years ago when it would marked everything as being read every time you signed onto the site.  Now that was really bad as it was impossible to keep track of what you read and what you did not read if you signed off the site or turned off your computer.  :frustrated:  :censored: