• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How are we feeling about the new CGC Boards tweaks?
3 3

89 posts in this topic

Please please pretty pretty please bring back the pinch zoom for cell phone users!!!!! I’ve posted twice now about this these past few weeks with zero response as to whether that is in the plans or not to bring it back. The scrolling has me feeling like i’m riding the crazy train and i can’t tolerate it for more than 15 minutes at a time. I’m not giving up on you yet CGC boards help a brother out!! 

55 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Please please pretty pretty please bring back the pinch zoom for cell phone users!!!!! I’ve posted twice now about this these past few weeks with zero response as to whether that is in the plans or not to bring it back. The scrolling has me feeling like i’m riding the crazy train and i can’t tolerate it for more than 15 minutes at a time. I’m not giving up on you yet CGC boards help a brother out!! 

This is the CGC board Gino - you might have to lower your expectations a little when it comes to getting responses on things like this. 

I don't use pinch zoom myself, but on my Samsung phone, using chrome, there are three function dots top right of the browser. If I click those the function menu includes 'Desktop site'. Select that and I get the desk top version which I can then pinch zoom. Does that help at all, while we wait for admin to respond? 

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

This is the CGC board Gino - you might have to lower your expectations a little when it comes to getting responses on things like this. 

I don't use pinch zoom myself, but on my Samsung phone, using chrome, there are three function dots top right of the browser. If I click those the function menu includes 'Desktop site'. Select that and I get the desk top version which I can then pinch zoom. Does that help at all, while we wait for admin to respond? 

thank you for the response!! So i have the newest iphone (still getting used to that my last was the 6s and i already miss that home button 😬 maybe i just don’t like change haha!! So i’ve tried both Safari and Chrome browsers and can’t find a desktop site. Unfortunately I can’t find those 3 dots at the top of mine. Here is a screenshot of the top half of what i’m looking at. Again thanks for trying to help i hadn’t tried using Chrome i only ever use Safari so thought we had it there!! I will keep tinkering and maybe stumble upon it. Either that or it’s just my iphone 

28F76CC6-0FAD-4442-B76E-794D8F204916.jpeg

40 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

thank you for the response!! So i have the newest iphone (still getting used to that my last was the 6s and i already miss that home button 😬 maybe i just don’t like change haha!! So i’ve tried both Safari and Chrome browsers and can’t find a desktop site. Unfortunately I can’t find those 3 dots at the top of mine. Here is a screenshot of the top half of what i’m looking at. Again thanks for trying to help i hadn’t tried using Chrome i only ever use Safari so thought we had it there!! I will keep tinkering and maybe stumble upon it. Either that or it’s just my iphone 

Got ya. I don't have an iphone but I can see you don't see what I see on my Samsung android phone:

phone.thumb.jpg.15dad390c35b7c7b8e73ea002a245204.jpg  iphone.jpeg.e7639fe2d6a4a7d5b9632a5c97173f15.jpeg
                  My Android                                                Your iPhone

Let's hope admin turn up today as Donna indicated with all the answers :wishluck:

In the meantime, the answer may be in here:

https://browserhow.com/how-to-view-desktop-site-in-chrome-iphone-or-ipad/

Good luck

18 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Got ya. I don't have an iphone but I can see you don't see what I see on my Samsung android phone:

phone.thumb.jpg.15dad390c35b7c7b8e73ea002a245204.jpg  iphone.jpeg.e7639fe2d6a4a7d5b9632a5c97173f15.jpeg
                  My Android                                                Your iPhone

Let's hope admin turn up today as Donna indicated with all the answers :wishluck:

In the meantime, the answer may be in here:

https://browserhow.com/how-to-view-desktop-site-in-chrome-iphone-or-ipad/

Good luck

Thanks my man yeah i don’t have those dots. Time to keep digging i will check out the link and again i really appreciate you taking to time to try and fix the issues especially going above and beyond when they are not even your own issues that is why I love this place so much!!

The forum looks really good when you read it on a desk top...jus' sayin'...:)

If you aren't away from home and just trying to read the sales threads, you should just look at this stuff on your desk top.  No desk top, you say?  Well, the Apple stores and Best Buy are open...lol

I ain't got one a them there new fangled phones, so I don't have to deal with that stuff...:preach:

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

On my iPad right now and the formatting is lousy.  It seriously wastes space.  The dialogue cuts off at wastes and returns to the second line which cuts to the third line. I’m underling end words to demonstrate how little width this sucker has. That’s the limited space available for scans!  Desktop is great, but I need this to work well on both devices.

Heres a comic for good size comparison...

89519974-88c5-4468-bb3a-563c1264d1eb_zpsw3jem8sj.jpg.38c08ff81082095a650a7bff23914a7e.jpg

I’ll have to check scans on my desktop for comparison. Size matters

Edited by Cat-Man_America

STILL doesn’t work for iPad use.  Over half the screen is wasted on unimportant notifications which are done before the third post on the page rolls past; then it’s all grey field.

CGC really needs to put fixing this half baked app on the front burner.

Due to the ridiculously constricted space maybe we should start referring to this as a pressing thread.  ;)

6 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:

STILL doesn’t work for iPad use.  Over half the screen is wasted on unimportant notifications which are done before the third post on the page rolls past; then it’s all grey field.

CGC really needs to put fixing this half baked app on the front burner.

Due to the ridiculously constricted space maybe we should start referring to this as a pressing thread.  ;)

Maybe the forum should only be available on desk top computers...that might get people off their phones for a few hours a day...hm  It really looks good on a desk top, plus you can see my amazing sig line (unless you have sig lines turned off)...:)

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

On 1/10/2021 at 1:41 AM, comicdonna said:

All of this has been brought to the admins attention.  This is Wednesday's reply from an admin.

"I've passed all this on to the team."

"Thank you for contacting the CGC Chat Forum Admin Team. All our staff are busy at the moment but please hold and one of our agents will be with you shortly"

sleep3.gif.95a632b1c11b418eb095fbe81888e2b3.gifsleep2.gif.77f59ece8b9ba0bc8e121a5cd054d1ee.gifsleep1.gif.956f65ede49a7e2dd5dce6b2c97c572e.gif

"Your call is important to us....."

sleep4.gif.971ae28d8a52904538e4676b8591d920.gif

Putting the board tweaks aside for one minute, is anyone else getting constant slow loading, unavailability and 504 error messages?

The boards were down for 15 minutes just now for me - the absence of posts in the 'All Activity' stream seems to indicate that that may be user-wide:

601786011_15_5311_01_21.PNG.db6351ce782a27fd5db24097e07cad1b.PNG

It's been happening for me for weeks - anyone else?

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Putting the board tweaks aside for one minute, is anyone else getting constant slow loading, unavailability and 504 error messages?

The boards were down for 15 minutes just now for me - the absence of posts in the 'All Activity' stream seems to indicate that that may be user-wide:

601786011_15_5311_01_21.PNG.db6351ce782a27fd5db24097e07cad1b.PNG

It's been happening for me for weeks - anyone else?

Only weeks ? You're one of the lucky ones. Someone must still like you. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

5 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Only weeks ? You're one of the lucky ones. Someone must still like you. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I was being kind - I should have said "as long as I can remember" 9_9

On 1/4/2021 at 9:58 AM, comicdonna said:

I reminded an admin about the right column.  I think that person will be back on Wednesday.  Hopefully, it will disappear soon.  :wishluck:

On 1/9/2021 at 5:41 PM, comicdonna said:

All of this has been brought to the admins attention.  This is Wednesday's reply from an admin.

"I've passed all this on to the team."

Well, from the rumours which I have heard, is that due to ongoing interest and apparent demand from the likes of you and Cat on the boards here, they are now planning to expand the size of right hand toolbar to accomodate even more useful information for us lucky board members here.  :devil: