• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

Yes, I think it would.

If this IM 55 was in a 9.4 CGC holder, I don't think anyone would care about the history. Someone would snap it up in a heartbeat.

I've seen too many 7.5 and 8.0 ASM 300 and a Hulk 7.0 181 pressed in to a 9.4 graded copy.

The guy offers 30 day returns.

But that’s the point. It’s not. Hes grading as though it would be. I’m willing to bet he knows it’s not but it looks strong enough (with a little potential manipulation) to get buyers bidding high.

11 minutes ago, shadroch said:

So disagreeing with a CGC grade is okay as long as you go under it but disagree with it going the other way and you are scum.

No, what he is doing (and others are likewise doing the same thing that you've on occasion expressed a dim view of) is scummy.. We can go over and cite your forum opinions of All_Things_Trimmed, KellysPhotoshoppedHeros, Polished_Gem_Comics, etc., etc., and all the buy slabbed, crack or crack/trim/photoshop, then resell at grades 3 to 8 tiks higher than the original CGC grade for reference if you'd like. Easy enough to find. Why the sudden change of heart with this seller. That question still remains. For now. We can do that, or I can just continue researching all of his CGC crack and raw resells as intended. 

I thought it was a service to buyers to expose this. It might save some $$$$ and misery, hopefully, but let's face facts; it's not going to put anyone using this strategy to enrich themselves doing this out of business anytime soon, right? Nothing to worry about in the big picture. It hasn't stopped others and it hasn't stopped the million or so a year that this seller is pocketing by foisting roughly $200,000 worth of books to unsuspecting buyers. 

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

But that’s the point. It’s not. Hes grading as though it would be. I’m willing to bet he knows it’s not but it looks strong enough (with a little potential manipulation) to get buyers bidding high.

We'll see tonight what he gets for it.

Someone popped a BIN for a graded 8.5 less than 2 months ago at $1,245.

Within 2 weeks, 2 buyers paid virtually the same for an 8.5 copy, and a 9.2.

Why give money to CGC??

19 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

No, what he is doing (and others are likewise doing the same thing that you've on occasion expressed a dim view of) is scummy.. We can go over and cite your forum opinions of All_Things_Trimmed, KellysPhotoshoppedHeros, Polished_Gem_Comics, etc., etc., and all the buy slabbed, crack or crack/trim/photoshop, then resell at grades 3 to 8 tiks higher than the original CGC grade for reference if you'd like. Easy enough to find. Why the sudden change of heart with this seller. That question still remains. For now. We can do that, or I can just continue researching all of his CGC crack and raw resells as intended. 

I thought it was a service to buyers to expose this. It might save some $$$$ and misery, hopefully, but let's face facts; it's not going to put anyone using this strategy to enrich themselves doing this out of business anytime soon, right? Nothing to worry about in the big picture. It hasn't stopped others and it hasn't stopped the million or so a year that this seller is pocketing by foisting roughly $200,000 worth of books to unsuspecting buyers. 

You are comparing people who sell restored books as unrestored to someone who is selling pressed books at grades higher than they were pre- pressing.  If that brings you some comfort, go for it.

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

You are comparing people who sell restored books as unrestored to someone who is selling pressed books at grades higher than they were pre- pressing.  If that brings you some comfort, go for it.

Again, how do you know they were pressed?  Because he said so?  
Think about it logically, if he is correct and those are pressed books with a now much better grade, why leave so much money on the table by selling them raw instead of slabbing them?

Also, he must be the most incredible presser to ever walk the earth if he consistenly raises a book's grade from a 7.5 to a 9.0 or in that range.

1 minute ago, kav said:

Think about it logically, if he is correct and those are pressed books with a now much better grade, why leave so much money on the table by selling them raw instead of slabbing them?

A CGC 8.5 and a CGC 9.2 each sold for $1,250 within a two week span.

How do you know what money he is leaving on the table by not spending an extra $100 to get it graded?

Just now, sledgehammer said:

A CGC 8.5 and a CGC 9.2 each sold for $1,250 within a two week span.

How do you know what money he is leaving on the table by not spending an extra $100 to get it graded?

The exception does not prove the rule.  
By this logic why ever get anything graded?  Books will sell for about the same raw or slabbed, or even slabbed about the same regardless of the grade.

Just now, sledgehammer said:

The guy has got great feedback.

hm

So do some of the worst sellers on ebay.  Easy to get negatives removed.  Also, often by the time book comes back from CGC with that 7.5, its too late to leave feedback.

Just now, kav said:

So do some of the worst sellers on ebay.  Easy to get negatives removed.  Also, often by the time book comes back from CGC with that 7.5, its too late to leave feedback.

or you most likely have already left it once you got the book.

20 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

Look at the difference in scans at the top staple, from when it was CGC 7.5, and now.

Do the pics appear to be fiddled with as JJJ suggests tho?