• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Lightning55 said:

Hand in glove is legit.  If you look it up on Google, it has all sorts of valid references, including Merriam-Webster.  It's just a reference for super-close proximity, like a glove fitting snugly on a hand, not much room in between.

I thought it was legit when posted, but let it go as a possible stretched idiom.  Then when @1950's war comicsquestioned it, I had to look it up to make sure.

Here's one for our Spanish speaking friends to call us on:   We mean to say Man to Man, but somehow it comes mano a mano, which means hand to hand, I think.  We are under the impression that we can just add an "o" to any English word to make it Spanish.

friendo.jpg

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

@kav you would have liked this station too.  WLIR was the first station to play bands like the Smiths, U2, The Cure, Depeche Mode... interesting documentary on how the producers would actually infuriate record labels by flying in new music and playing it before it was legally licensed for play in the United States.

documentary was on showtime?  Dare to be different...

Ashamed to say I just recently caught on to Depeche Mode. I looked up some vintage live videos and they are amazing time capsules. I was also surprised to see how young they were and already churning out great songs. 

50 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Ashamed to say I just recently caught on to Depeche Mode. I looked up some vintage live videos and they are amazing time capsules. I was also surprised to see how young they were and already churning out great songs. 

Go take a look at some of the stuff from the Cure in the late 70's.  That is a shocker every time I jump down that rabbit hole. 

42 minutes ago, kav said:

I gigled when I red that.  There song's were grate.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Go take a look at some of the stuff from the Cure in the late 70's.  That is a shocker every time I jump down that rabbit hole. 

bleah

2 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

KROQ was the West Coast equivalent.   If you listened to KROQ you would love that documentary. The songs in that PDF was basically the playlists over here as well. 

Edited by Buzzetta

13 minutes ago, Yes I Canada said:

doh!

The Cure, The Smiths, and Depeche Mode are garbage. All terrible. Take it over to the 80s Poofsters thread in the Water Cooler.

Well this name is just unique... 

I've been banking that line for awhile :banana:

Edited by Buzzetta

On 12/18/2020 at 6:43 AM, James J Johnson said:

Hello! 

First one, right out of the gate. Good. I have a week off, I have a lot of image contact tracing to do. 

CGC 7.5: 

Marvel Iron Man #55 CGC Universal Grade 7.5 | eBay  

Equals a BeatleBlueCat raw 9.4:

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN # 55 - (NM) -1ST THANOS,DRAX,B. BROTHERS,STARLIN,HIGH GRADE | eBay 

I hope it's not too late to ask the question: how did you discover this?

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Right, because a band that released their first album in 1982 and then broke up in 1987 was a 90's band. 

The Police released their first album in the 70s.  They are considered an iconic 80s band.  :makepoint:

5 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

It’s ok to be wrong....

yep i shouldnt have banged on Buzz's head like that.

20 minutes ago, kav said:

The Police released their first album in the 70s.  They are considered an iconic 80s band.  :makepoint:

They also released albums in the 1980's went on hiatus after Live Aid and touring in 86 and then released their last single, "Don't Stand so Close to Me 86 Remix" in... 1986.

Despite a reunion tour in 2007, (shout out to traveling to Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall to see it) Yeah... I would say the Police were an 80's band. 

The Smiths were not a 90's band.  No new music was created and no albums were released except for a few compilations of greatest hits to jump on the Morrissey solo career bandwagon.

@Get Marwood & I... Get a load of Kav ovah heeeer.....

Edited by Buzzetta