• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, 956Ref said:

I bought that GSX1 off ebay from Beatlebluecat...I was actually the second bidder.

I believe that you are the first documented victim here of his shill bidding.

Do you usually leave feedback on Ebay?

People are popping CGC BINS, at this grade and at much higher prices (6.5 to 7.0), but as long as he didn't damage the book, you seem to be ok at the price you paid.

If you're not going to do ANYTHING about him shilling up this book, I think you're wrong.

Edited by sledgehammer

4 hours ago, KCOComics said:

This is fair. JJs work to uncover BBC was well researched and a service to all of us.

That said,  we don't want to see someone wrongly accused.  I also don't get the sense that @DS Comics did anything wrong. 

So maybe we chalk this up as a mistake and stay focused on what's important. Grammatical errors and schil bidding. 

@956Ref I'm sorry you got dragged into this. Congrats on the upgrade. 

Absolutely, I agree. What further complicated the matter was DS adding that "All of my BBC raw purchases graded exactly the same at CGC", which from what I've seen, the odds of which would have been staggeringly against. Immediately, without even yet asking, I knew that as far as I was concerned, a claim like that was false, unless proven by data, and sure enough, when asked for images.... "none", When asked for which book.... "it's all a haze, too long ago". When asked for dates so I could find them, very easily done by searching a paypal account for the seller's email... "I can't be bothered". That complicated things, IMO, because he seems to be very articulate, detailed, and forthright in his marketplace threads. Why not in backing up a claim that on its surface seems impossible? 

1 hour ago, 956Ref said:

Im not upset about the book I received in hand...but It is disappointing to find out I was the victim of shill bidding...I usually leave reviews and am thinking out how I plan to address this...

If you guys are so deadset on "catching him" just buy a book from him and return it and leave negative feedback.

PS - I dont plan to keep coming back to this thread over and over as it has created a lot of negative energy and I prefer not to bring that into the holidays for me.

:gossip: He pays a substantial amount of ebay fees that he has "ebay seller qualified immunity". Ebay will quickly remove any negatives from his feedback by his request. 

1 hour ago, 956Ref said:

Im not upset about the book I received in hand...but It is disappointing to find out I was the victim of shill bidding...I usually leave reviews and am thinking out how I plan to address this...

If you guys are so deadset on "catching him" just buy a book from him and return it and leave negative feedback.

PS - I dont plan to keep coming back to this thread over and over as it has created a lot of negative energy and I prefer not to bring that into the holidays for me.

As a service to the rest of us I would like to see the information JJJ was asking for-you agree that BBC is worth investigating right?  And you hold a crucial piece of the puzzle.  I would like to see info about the hi dollar books that came back 9.4 etc.  I hope you wont let your anger at JJJ prevent you from helping the rest of us.  

43 minutes ago, kav said:

As a service to the rest of us I would like to see the information JJJ was asking for-you agree that BBC is worth investigating right?  And you hold a crucial piece of the puzzle.  I would like to see info about the hi dollar books that came back 9.4 etc.  I hope you wont let your anger at JJJ prevent you from helping the rest of us.  

I also hope his unfathomable anger towards me doesn't deter your reasonable request. 

Edited by James J Johnson

2 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I also hope his unfathomable anger towards me doesn't deter your reasonable request. 

:wishluck:
He can make you look like a fool if he produces the easily found stuff you are asking for.  If he doesnt I scratch my head over here.

13 minutes ago, kav said:

:wishluck:
He can make you look like a fool if he produces the easily found stuff you are asking for.  If he doesnt I scratch my head over here.

If he purchased "all of these raw books from BBC that graded exactly the same at CGC" using paypal, by searching his paypal transactions, all activity, entering BBCs paypal payment email address, all of his purchases will show up. The book, the grade, the listing number, the date; all pertaining information associated with that item. Doesn't matter if prior to a year ago. That info is there and given that, I can go to work and locate the images. I have a good deal of BBC images for $500 and up sales saved and catalogued already. Shouldn't take me long to locate what I'm looking for using that payment information. 

I'm not asking for any personal information. Just info that will allow me to locate BBC's original raw listings of these perfectly graded books. If it's 
all a haze" to DS, I can dispel and lift that veil of haze given his asistance in providing me with that basic intel. 

8 hours ago, kav said:
9 hours ago, 956Ref said:

:bump:

18 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I'm getting a bunch of reports for off topic posts from Sunday to Tuesday in this thread.  Please keep posts on topic.  

Oh jeez,I just noticed your badge!

So that's part of what the hububububa was getting folk excited.Life changing!

Your moustache looks excellent lately,just sayin'

(pay no attention to the post above this)

Edited by porcupine48

On 12/30/2020 at 9:00 AM, 956Ref said:

How about after the holidays maybe?  We'd really like to know.

7 minutes ago, chuckfin said:

I see this guy's stuff on ebay. Ridiculously over graded. watch out 

legend has it some say his grades are spot on :whistle:

5 minutes ago, chuckfin said:

you mean PGX?

no someone said they bought his books, sent em to CGC and the grades were correct 9.4 etc :whistle:
We're waiting for more definitive info on this-

34 minutes ago, kav said:

no someone said they bought his books, sent em to CGC and the grades were correct 9.4 etc :whistle:
We're waiting for more definitive info on this-

Hopefully that definitive info will soon be delivered. You know the old postal motto: Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night nor bad vibrations nor negative energy stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds. Hopefully DS shares that sentiment of punctuality. :wishluck: