• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BeatleBlueCat DEFRAUDING BUYERS with Massive SHILL BIDDING and Same old "Buy CGC graded 7.5, crack and sell as raw "NM" scam
10 10

1,200 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

You're not just whistling Dixie.  :whistle:

i think we got "punk'd" by the guy who posted that he bought some high dollar books from BBC and then sent them to CGC and they came back the same grade as advertised...

if it did actually happen a couple times it was all part of the elaborate deception

3 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

i think we got "punk'd" by the guy who posted that he bought some high dollar books from BBC and then sent them to CGC and they came back the same grade as advertised...

if it did actually happen a couple times it was all part of the elaborate deception

all he had to do was give the info JJJ asked for and he would have proved himself 100% right and JJJ 100% wrong-instead he gave the ol "I dont like bad vibes" exit-

1 hour ago, 1950's war comics said:

Yep. He almost had me fooled! Me, no less! Who has more images catalogued of BBC's books than I do of my own collection! xD

Edited by James J Johnson

3 hours ago, Yes I Canada said:

Beside Heritage, what other auction houses shill their own auctions?

And just to add, Heritage makes no secret. And the info about their being allowed to do this isn't hidden somewhere on the net, only available to those that look for it. It's right in their auction rules. The Fax. And I paraphrase, that the house, associates, even the consignors are allowed to bid in their auctions, thus if a component of the definition of a shill is deception, Heritage is not doing that, they are open about it and in accordance with Texas state law. 

If you bid in a Heritage auction, if you are unaware of these Texas state rules governing auctions, which Heritage adheres to, then it's on you, not Heritage. 

On 12/31/2020 at 6:58 PM, 1950's war comics said:

While there is most certainly deception at its core, and elaborate or simple as it may be, there's nothing even remotely classifying as particularly clever or clandestine about this half baked, ill-conceived scheme. It's amateur hour at best. Compared to the Scamurai in the sportscard, sports memorablia, and autograph arenas, this is Keystone Cop level. :roflmao:

5 hours ago, Ride the Tiger said:

So what is this? If an item is ended early does it show all the bids as cancelled or did he cancel them then end it?

cancel.JPG

He went to the END MY LISTING page. Chose the item to end. Then chose a reason: ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

There's also a function that allows the seller to either: End early and make the highest bidder the winner (so it can be ended at any time yet sold to the highest bidder at the point at which it was ended).

And in this case, the selller chose the END MY LISTING AND CANCEL ALL BIDS option. After checking that box, all the bids were automatically cancelled and the item ended. 

If we don't see this book re-listed at some point, logically, what happened is that he communicated with one of his bidders about the possibility of his ending it early and selling it to them at an agreed upon price. Typically, it's the buyer/bidder who initiates this type of contact, "Do you have a BIN in mind?, being asked by one of the bidders or maybe not one of the bidders, using ebay messaging. 

This will be interesting because I've already alerted ebay's trust and safety about this listing, of course, the shill bidding (51), over 7700 bids on this seller's items exclusively over the past 12 months, and advised them that the item was ended likely due to this thread, and that they should look for communication in their messaging between him and another ebay member containing language about his ended it early and selling it to them off-ebay. Which is against ebay guidelines, same as shilling. We'll see. At any rate, it's a very distinctively identifiable Hulk 181 with its own unique set of easily recognized flaws, a weak CGC 9.0, and even weaker as the 9.2/9.4 he was trying to foist is as raw on unsuspecting buyers who have no idea that he's one of the ebay Scamurai. 

20 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

He went to the END MY LISTING page. Chose the item to end. Then chose a reason: ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.

There's also a function that allows the seller to either: End early and make the highest bidder the winner (so it can be ended at any time yet sold to the highest bidder at the point at which it was ended).

And in this case, the selller chose the END MY LISTING AND CANCEL ALL BIDS option. After checking that box, all the bids were automatically cancelled and the item ended. 

If we don't see this book re-listed at some point, logically, what happened is that he communicated with one of his bidders about the possibility of his ending it early and selling it to them at an agreed upon price. Typically, it's the buyer/bidder who initiates this type of contact, "Do you have a BIN in mind?, being asked by one of the bidders or maybe not one of the bidders, using ebay messaging. 

This will be interesting because I've already alerted ebay's trust and safety about this listing, of course, the shill bidding (51), over 7700 bids on this seller's items exclusively over the past 12 months, and advised them that the item was ended likely due to this thread, and that they should look for communication in their messaging between him and another ebay member containing language about his ended it early and selling it to them off-ebay. Which is against ebay guidelines, same as shilling. We'll see. At any rate, it's a very distinctively identifiable Hulk 181 with its own unique set of easily recognized flaws, a weak CGC 9.0, and even weaker as the 9.2/9.4 he was trying to foist is as raw on unsuspecting buyers who have no idea that he's one of the ebay Scamurai. 

cgc doesn't care about miswraps though? but honestly, who would pay cgc 9.0 prices for a raw "9.4"?

On 12/30/2020 at 12:29 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

Don't know what to make of most of this thread anymore. 1 thing I can add which probably won't go over too well is as follows. I don't know anyone self included that would have an ASM 300 in a NM graded slab w/o at least 1 picture of it. Flame suit on.

I usually delete pics a little while after I sell a book and I know the buyer is happy, otherwise my directories get too cluttered.

I'd also add that the ASM 300 9.4 i once owned (scans long gone) was terribly overgraded. I couldn't believe it was higher than an 8.0, honestly, and stupidly sold it I was so disappointed (for a whopping $99.99). It might have had double digit spine ticks. Are they soft on that book in 9.4?

Edited by the blob

On 12/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, James J Johnson said:

If he purchased "all of these raw books from BBC that graded exactly the same at CGC" using paypal, by searching his paypal transactions, all activity, entering BBCs paypal payment email address, all of his purchases will show up. The book, the grade, the listing number, the date; all pertaining information associated with that item. Doesn't matter if prior to a year ago. That info is there and given that, I can go to work and locate the images. I have a good deal of BBC images for $500 and up sales saved and catalogued already. Shouldn't take me long to locate what I'm looking for using that payment information. 

I'm not asking for any personal information. Just info that will allow me to locate BBC's original raw listings of these perfectly graded books. If it's 
all a haze" to DS, I can dispel and lift that veil of haze given his asistance in providing me with that basic intel. 

While I am impressed with your leave no stone approach to this situation, I am starting to worry that this is becoming an unhealthy obsession. Perhaps it is time to find a new scammer to illuminate?

37 minutes ago, the blob said:

I usually delete pics a little while after I sell a book and I know the buyer is happy, otherwise my directories get too cluttered.

I'd also add that the ASM 300 9.4 i once owned (scans long gone) was terribly overgraded. I couldn't believe it was higher than an 8.0, honestly, and stupidly sold it I was so disappointed (for a whopping $99.99). It might have had double digit spine ticks. Are they soft on that book in 9.4?

You cracked it out and sold it raw as a VF.....right?:baiting: