• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dr.X's Christmas Contest 2020 is in motion?
12 12

1,285 posts in this topic

O.K. folks, we are just about ready to get started here. As usual, lets keep the nasty stuff out of here and have some fun for a few days. We do have a few women on here so lets be civil.

Contest will end Sun night the 19th at 6 Central so figure out your schedule. LOL. I had to piece meal this thing together after the soft ware disaster. Be patient, we'll get it rolling.

And don't get your undies all in a twist if you get your peanuts busted, its all in fun so get use to it, and roll with it.

I thought for as many years I've been doing this we would have more people, but the old crew seems to be fading away, as new people pop in. Oh well.  Feel free to spread the word to the other dorks in other forums and get them over here to play.

We have lots of new people that joined this year. Get them in here to get scathed and maybe win something. Don't matter to me how many posts you have, just join in, its open season. :whatthe:

Remember,  no matter how wretched your guess is, everyone does have a chance to win something here, so get involved, somebody wins this stuff every year. No play, no pay. :banana:

Take your time and read the rules and check out the prize lists. No need to be the first one to guess you have a few days to think about it. I try and tweek things a bit each year to make it more interesting wether you like it or not.

And please hold off posting anything till I get everything up and running and post the change.  Alright, here we go.....................

giphy.gif

:news:CONTEST ENDS Sunday Night the 20th at 6 Central Time. 

The main contest is the same as usual. There will be

Four Main Prizes,

6 Mystery Boxes,

4 Bonus Boxes,

and maybe a " DAILY DOUBLE", or even two this year. :whatthe: 

I had to change the end date to Sun the 20th at 6 Central.

I have a huge container that I save coins in all year. At the end of the year I cash it in. You know the program. Try and guess the amount of coins on display for the FOUR MAIN PRIZES only.

The rest of the prizes are spread out randomly over the contest, and are won by posting :takeit: to the various signals that pop up anytime 24/7, so pay attention and start drinking, and take a minute and read.  And you must post the hand held sign, not type out " take it ". Fair is fair here. Thanks.

I will post of picture of the change ticket from the bank, date and time stamped as it came out of the machine from the bank, after the winners of the 4 main prizes are announced.

The Rules ----------------------- read this dorks -------

1. You get "one " guess ( read rule #1 ) at the four main prizes. Take your time to figure up a lousy answer. No changing guess's.

2. Numbers & names are entered onto a list as we go.

3. Closest people to the actual number weather higher or lower are the winners.

4. If your on a list stay there and cry.

5. Anyone can win the four main prizes, or a raffle prize if one shows up, or a cash prize if out of the U.S.A.

All other prizes are for U.S. residents only. Shipping is just outrageous but here's for those out of the U.S.

:bump:If you hit one of the 4 main prizes and you are a non U.S. resident, I will Paypal you $30.00 in Christmas cash as the rest of the prizes go out. I'll just save the book for another time, or contest. Shipping rates are ridiculous up in to Canada or overseas, but I still want everyone to have a chance to win something.

This way you can buy what you like, and save me $25/30 in shipping fees. Trying to make it easier on me, and you. LOL

6. Shipping is on me in the U.S.A. Prizes are mailed out after the holidays, and tracking numbers will show up here, unless I'm off on a secret mission or face down drunk in a strip club.

7. One alternate prize per person. This includes Mystery, Bonus, or Daily Doubles. Please don't post for another one screwing around because then I have to reset for the prize and it mess's things up. It also might stop someone who really wants that prize from posting for it. Be courteous.

8. Please don't disrupt our sheets by posting crazy numbers either, and don't post for a prize and then want to give it to someone else. Let's have some fun in here for a few days.

9. Someone give Wolverine X a tranquilizer. We know how he goes off the rails at contest time. :banana:

READ CAREFULLY!!!

U.S. RESIDENTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR ALL PRIZES.

OVER SEAS AND CANADIAN CONTESTANTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR MAIN PRIZES ONLY WHICH WILL BE IN CASH THROUGH PAYPAL.

Please keep this in mind as we get started.

There are four main prizes -  available worldwide

6 Mystery Boxes - U.S. residents only.

4 Bonus Boxes - U.S. residents only.

Daily Doubles ???? - U.S. residents only.

Once again this year there will be 4 bonus boxes available.

These are available to U.S. residents " only ". Sorry people but the shipping is just ridiculous now, but you can still win one of the four main prizes and have lots of fun in here.

The first person who posts the :takeit:AFTER I post the flashing signal will win the posted book. You must post the hand held :takeit: sign, so brush up on it and make some practice runs.

imageproxy.gif.5cbdf9df318f9941bd8c7f832

I will post a heads up with the available prize, and a time window on these, so pay attention if that's possible. :baiting:

These can pop up and any time 24/7 so don't cry to me if you miss one cause your fiddle farting around. LOL.

giphy.gif

Remember, wait for the flashing signal. 

Here are the 6 Mystery Boxes ( U.S. residents only ) that will be popping up throughout the contest. The mystery is which one you get. These will be popping up randomly at any hour with no heads up. The first :takeit: "after" I  post my pulsating package, gets that box.

animated-present-and-gift-image-0021

These are in no order and were boxed up some time ago, so I have no idea what is in each. I could care less, and neither should you since its free. LOL.  If you don't like your prize report me to the mods, since you know who they are now. lol

giphy.gif

:news:  CONTEST ENDS Saturday Night the 19th at 7 Central Time. 

Criminal Macabre - TPB 

From the Creators of 30 days of night. In full color. Brand new.

mystery box 1 fc 001 (2).jpg

Lorna, the Jungle Queen H.C.

Don Rico, Werner Roth & Jim Mooney - 236 Pages of gut wrenching excitement.

mystery box jungle adventure 001 (2).jpg

Swamp Thing - Roots of Terror in H.C. 

Brand new in shrink wrap.

mystery box 2 front cover 001 (2).jpg

G.I. Combat - The War that Time Forgot TPB in full color. 

Featuring The Haunted Tank

mystery box 3 001 (2).jpg

Stephen Kings - The Dark Tower in HC.

Brand new in shrink wrap.

mystery box 4 001 (2).jpg

All Winners Vol 2 in H.C. Marvel Masterworks.

Unread & in shrink wrap. Great Golden Age Goodies

mystery box 6 001 (2).jpg

There " might " be a " Daily Double " or two??  I might post a  time window on these, or not, or they could pop up any time day or night.  You snooze you lose. Someone will win them.

First  :takeit: when you see this signal pop up gets a double prize. Two books for one hit dorks.

U..S. Residents Only!!

giphy.gif&key=60c1c0598492ea768e5c1e3476

:news:  CONTEST ENDS Sunday Night at 6 Central Time. 

Edited by DR.X

There could possibly be a few random items tossed in here from a few donations we "might" get? :golfclap: Usually there is an extra prize thrown in as a bonus from on of our boardies, and they are much appreciated this time of the year. I will announce these if they pop up. hm 

These prizes will be linked to the U.F.O.  I may post a time window on these and I may not depending on my mood and if I get boozed up.

When you spot the U.F.O. hit it baby, hit it. :takeit:

giphy.gif

Third Place winner will receive H.C. copy of , Ultimate Comics - United We Stand Divided We Fall, brand new in shrink wrap. Better than a high school grad picture of Greggy.

Collecting Ultimates #13 - 18, Spider Man #13 - 17, and X Men #13 - 18

bonus book 1 001.jpg

bonus book 1 bc 001 (2).jpg

•  

Coming up next the loot. Once this is posted we are off and running you freaks.

And remember......................................... This contest is loaded with,

Flashing Signals -

giphy.gif&key=1cb7abac2351c48f90d1d1bea7

imageproxy.gif.5cbdf9df318f9941bd8c7f832

Pulsating Packages -

animated-present-and-gift-image-0021

Mysterious Lights -

giphy.gif

Giant Insects and Black & White Sci Fi nonsense because I say so - :whatthe:

giphy.gif

Lots of animated Giphs and insults, but I think there is still a glitch with this, but I hope they work, so suck it up.

giphy.gif

And possibly more worthless secret clues, but try and keep it a secret this year ???? - hm

giphy.gif

And spread the word to the other forums. Lets get as many people in here to play as possible, even these newbs that are hiding in the shadows with their knees knocking.

And remember. You have 3 days to figure up a number on the coins for the 4 main prizes, so no rush to be first in line with a lousy guess.

As long as your number is in by the cut off time your good. Think man think!!  :idea: