• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas, September 17-19, 2021
1 1

151 posts in this topic

On 9/15/2021 at 10:38 AM, TheCollector2016 said:

Just wanted to note he also canceled his appearance at Comicpalooza in July.

Oh I realize, but deems the breaks!  Still plenty of talent on the docket imo.  I am still very much looking forward to going and seeing the sights.

Edited by Crops068
Counted wrong

The Scott’s booth is 108

FAN EXPO DALLAS 
SEPT 17-19
PRO WALL COMIC CREATOR SEATING

Note that this does not include creators sitting at retail booths

Revised Thursday morning

GUEST NAME TABLE NUMBER

DAN PARENT P03/04
GEORGES JEANTY P05/06
RAGS MORALES P07/08
SAM DE LA ROSA P09/10
ANDY PRICE P11
RYAN KINCAID P13
SORAH SUHNG P14
TONE RODRIGUES P15
CHRIS MADD P16
JAE LEE  P17/18
TONY HARRIS  P19/20
HUMBERTO RAMOS  P22/23
AMY CHU P24
MATT HAWKINS P25
MATTHEW WARLICK P26
KEITH WILSON P27
KERRY GAMMILL P28
SCOTT HARBEN P29
MOHAMED JILANI P30
TERRY PARR P31
DAVID DOUB P32
DARRON D.J. JACKSON P34
BRYAN SEATON P35
ANNA ZHUO P36
JEREMY CLARK P37
BRENT PEEPLES P38/39
ERIC BASALDUA P40
JP ROTH P41
BILL MCKAY P42
DAVE KOPECKI P43
GABRIEL MANGUM P44
ANDREW MANGUM P45
STEVEN AHOLA P47
JAIME COKER P48
MOSTAFA MOUSSA P50
JOE RUBINSTEIN P52
BOB MCLEOD  P54
JOHN HEBERT P55
CHAD HARDIN P56/57
PETER TOMASI  P58
MARK SPARACIO P58
ARIEL DIAZ P58
KYLE HIGGINS  P58
MEGAN HUTCHISON P58
DONNY CATES  P58

On 9/15/2021 at 12:31 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

Feel free to contact Customer Service and make your case.

So I did, but it fell upon deaf ears (as I expected it would). I'm understanding in general when guests cancel, this isn't my first con and I've been attending this one in particular for years. But when this many people cancel and there are no longer any real headliners (and despite what anyone says, my belief is that given everything going on right now, most cancellations were because it's in Texas), the "too bad so sad" refund policy needs to change.

The celebrities are what you use to promote the con. When numerous celebrities cancel and you've already sold tickets for people hoping to see those celebrities, it feels really bait-and-switch-y.

The lesson I've learned this year is to never, under any circumstances, buy con tickets in advance. And I won't be ever again.

On 9/18/2021 at 9:33 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well that was fun!

See y'all next year, I'm all conned out lol

Yep it was awesome.

@Kevin Boyd the staff/volunteers were absolutely amazing.  Everyone was friendly and happy to be there that I interacted with. FED is the highlight of cons for us at this point.

The United in Fandom design I LOVE. Made sure to pickup a shirt and the con bag with it.

On 9/19/2021 at 6:33 AM, Crops068 said:

Yep it was awesome.

@Kevin Boyd the staff/volunteers were absolutely amazing.  Everyone was friendly and happy to be there that I interacted with. FED is the highlight of cons for us at this point.

The United in Fandom design I LOVE. Made sure to pickup a shirt and the con bag with it.

I echo this. I went Friday and today. I drove over there yesterday about noon, but wow, it was so crowded that I couldn't find parking. Glad to see it so crowded.

Great job all around. I had great biz with some wonderful booths. Scott's Collectables was wonderful as usual and Comic Sketch Art (Doug) was great too. Can't wait until next year.

On 9/19/2021 at 6:33 AM, Crops068 said:

Yep it was awesome.

@Kevin Boyd, I agree. Staff was great, and load in and out went incredibly smoothly. Just a pleasure to do this show.