• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

V for Vendetta #1 - 9.8 - Signed by Alan Moore and David Lloyd

17 posts in this topic

might be the only one in existence, but probably not.  I'm fairly uneducated on this compared to some, but I would say 2-5 in existence.  But they don't come up for sale (or even public viewing), so... priceless.  Though i'd guess somewhere $5,000-$10,000 at auction depending on luck.

I believe Moore signed 3 of these plus 1 version of the DVD edition. DC stuff signed by Moore definitely carries a premium but how much is difficult to say. Avatar Sig Series sell for as low as a couple hundred bucks. 

On 12/19/2020 at 3:39 PM, Joshsmith1756 said:

Not planning to sell at all but would really appreciate opinions on how much this comic is worth. I can’t find any comparable sales and just have no idea what the market price would be for something this rare. Maybe it’s the only one in existence??

29D53321-69C7-4029-880F-7117C38150C8.jpeg

You need to find the right person for the purchase of an item like this.  Putting it to auction would be the worst move ever. SS of this type of pedigree historically tanks at auction because the market of interested, motivated and properly heeled SS fans is rarely watching auction sites.  If this were mine I would BIN it on EBay at $4999. Do I think it is worth 5k.  Maybe, maybe not, maybe . . . whatever.   For the right person it is almost certainly worth $2500-3500. That is where other singularly popular Moore books have sold previously.  

6 hours ago, thesink said:

Not one of a kind, there are 36 9.8 SS, 104 total ss. Are they all signed by Bernie and Lloyd probably not, but one would imagine some are. It's priceless  :)

Who the F is Bernie?

As you may already know, this copy sold on eBay on 6/3/19 for $566 after 20 bids.
Even as someone chasing a specific Moore SS book, I feel like more than $1k even to a V fan is a lot to ask.
That being said, if they try their hand at a limited series or a new movie...well...then there will be renewed speculation and it could easily achieve that.

On 12/21/2020 at 2:12 PM, seanfingh said:

Putting it to auction would be the worst move ever. 

If this book sold for $566 about 19 months ago, and we are now saying that the buyer could get somewhere between $2K and $10K for it, that certainly underscores Sean’s advice.

It's a book I would keep. Moore won't live forever and a book like that will skyrocket in value when he passes. Not to be morbid. I wish AM all the best, of course. HOS 92 went bananas when Wrightson passed. And now Wein. There is a 9.0 CGC graded HOS 92 signed by Wrightson, Wein and Louisa Simonson and the seller is asking $17k. Will he get it? I doubt it. But it surely must be close to 1 of a kind. I would open a dialogue with the seller but I don't have the money to spare for his probably bottom line want price. There's another 9.0 CGC graded signed by Wrightson with an ask of $13k. I DID contact him and his bottom is/was $7k. I expect this V signed book will become the same after a lot of time goes by.

6 hours ago, umyeahwhatevers said:

As you may already know, this copy sold on eBay on 6/3/19 for $566 after 20 bids.
Even as someone chasing a specific Moore SS book, I feel like more than $1k even to a V fan is a lot to ask.
That being said, if they try their hand at a limited series or a new movie...well...then there will be renewed speculation and it could easily achieve that.

I will give $1000 FOR IT RIGHT NOW.

On 12/19/2020 at 9:39 PM, Joshsmith1756 said:

Not planning to sell at all but would really appreciate opinions on how much this comic is worth. I can’t find any comparable sales and just have no idea what the market price would be for something this rare. Maybe it’s the only one in existence??

29D53321-69C7-4029-880F-7117C38150C8.jpeg

Old post, but worth a try. I'd be interested to see if it's for sale, and if so, for how much. It's really hard finding any of my childhood heroes signed by Mr. Moore himself.
If anyone knows of any who might consider selling, please don't hesitate to let me know. :)