• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fantasy #15 1962 CGC 9.8 up for auction
1 1

85 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

How do you edit the title? I tried. :facepalm:

aparently with the new upgrade the only way to edit the first post is ask a  modulator to do it 

Just now, BigLeagueCHEW said:

The 3 dots on the first post allows you to edit the title, :headbang:

I tried it on my ridiculous comic panel thread that wasnt an option-maybe because its an older thread?

2 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Just tried an older thread and it gave me the option to modify, maybe I am a secret moderator in disguise :whistle:

:pullhair:

Screenshot 2020-12-20 at 12.01.15 PM.png

Amazing Fantasy #15 is one of the three holy grails of comics, along with Action Comics #1and Detective Comics #27. It gets no bigger than these three, and with good reason. Supreme copies of these books are becoming scarcer as the days tick by, and a new kind of copy is emerging in prominence: the restored copy. Some would say fixing a book imperfections ruins it, but a new group of collectors stands by the practice, as long as everything is laid out to the buyer about what was done. As far as restorations go, it doesn't get much better than this. Amazing Fantasy #15, a restored 9.8, is taking bids today over at ComicConnect, part of Event Auction #44 this week. It is sitting at $28,250 right now, very low for a first Spider-Man. It only has a few hours left, so check it out below.

13 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

Amazing Fantasy #15 is one of the three holy grails of comics, along with Action Comics #1and Detective Comics #27. It gets no bigger than these three, and with good reason. Supreme copies of these books are becoming scarcer as the days tick by, and a new kind of copy is emerging in prominence: the restored copy. Some would say fixing a book imperfections ruins it, but a new group of collectors stands by the practice, as long as everything is laid out to the buyer about what was done. As far as restorations go, it doesn't get much better than this. Amazing Fantasy #15, a restored 9.8, is taking bids today over at ComicConnect, part of Event Auction #44 this week. It is sitting at $28,250 right now, very low for a first Spider-Man. It only has a few hours left, so check it out below.

but is it 'very low' for extensive resto tho?

50 minutes ago, kav said:

"A new group of collectors stands by this practice"
WTH

"Dont worry-you can spend big bucks on this book-a 'new group of collectors' likes restored books and it will be sure to triple in value soon easy"

5 minutes ago, kav said:

"Dont worry-you can spend big bucks on this book-a 'new group of collectors' likes restored books and it will be sure to triple in value soon easy"

I wonder if a new listing will show up "Pieces of the trimmed AF #15 cgc 9.8 up for auction". Kind of like the Action #1 brittle shavings lol