• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Whitman Thread
15 15

608 posts in this topic

On 3/26/2021 at 11:40 PM, sgcomiccollector said:

Just took my Whitman Star Wars books from storage, here are the pics.

IMG_2762.jpg

IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

Now those are the Star Wars bags I remember buying as a kid. Bought them all except the last one and read them to death. Still have a few raggedy issues  left but remember the hunter issues being my favorite. Very Cool!

On 4/1/2021 at 1:34 PM, Brock said:

Here are today's new arrivals.

Action #495, Flash #275 and Justice League #169 are all the highest copies of those books on the census, while Flash #278 is the 2nd highest.

It's worth noting that the Justice League issue is not noted by CGC as a Whitman edition - technically, there are no copies of this book on the census. CGC seems to have a real quality control issue with DC Whitmans. Based on my own experience, I would suggest that about 15% of these books are mislabelled, either not noting them as Whitman editions, or assigning them an incorrect issue number.

whitman0.jpg

Though I have quite a few Whitman DC single and in packs, I only have 1 graded. It is a 9.2 Flash #275 graded by another company. I am surprised an 8.5 is the census highest on CGC. I guess just not many people see the need to grade it.