• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF 15 CGC holder condition

2 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Victorypoint said:

Hi folks. I have a question regarding the condition of my CGC holder. I purchased an Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 3.0 back in 2001 and have been keeping it in a lock safe. When the book first arrived, I noticed some scratches on one side (I suspect a previous owner had attempted to open it with a knife possibly?) and the holder had a slight warp/bend. Looking at it now, it appears the glue on the top sticker label is breaking down and it's starting to come off. I don't believe the holder was cracked open as I had it inspected by a local comic book store owner.

Should I get CGC to re-case this issue, leave as is and perhaps buff out the scratches? See attached photos. I plan to put this book on the market soon. Here's the CGC cert link - Verify CGC Certification | CGC (cgccomics.com)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Al

CGC would make no modification to the current holder. If you pay for their re-holder service, they will take the comic out and put it in entirely new materials, including a new label.

The question is; Are you willing to risk shipping to to and fro just for a re-holder?