• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Comics unable to be submitted as Modern?

16 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bperilous said:

I'm noticing that with 3 books that have a 2/21 publish date that I try to submit, the modern option is grayed out and unavailable.  The value of all is less than $200.

Am I doing something wrong?

2/21...as in February 2021? 

28 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I guessing because that date is in the future, so the system has an issue with it

Wouldn't this be a constant issue then? People submit just-released comics all the time and they should all have cover dates from the future.(shrug)

6 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Wouldn't this be a constant issue then? People submit just-released comics all the time and they should all have cover dates from the future.(shrug)

How is 2/21 a "just-released comic? Am I missing something here?

1 hour ago, Bperilous said:

I assumed that was it.  All 3 that I had an issue with are new comics with the 2/21 cover date.

had a similar issue.

here's the workaround I was instructed to use by the wonderful customer service team 😊

for the date field, choose add new and use 12/20 as a proxy

you should be able to select modern tier

on your printed invoice, clearly cross out the incorrect date and write in the correct one.

it should be fixed upon receipt and initial processing

hope this helps 

4 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Maybe try calling Customer Service or clearing out anything that might be in your cart already.

You could also try the Ask CGC forum but that might take a few days.

they usually answer same day (excluding weekends)

On 12/21/2020 at 8:04 PM, devald said:

had a similar issue.

here's the workaround I was instructed to use by the wonderful customer service team 😊

for the date field, choose add new and use 12/20 as a proxy

you should be able to select modern tier

on your printed invoice, clearly cross out the incorrect date and write in the correct one.

it should be fixed upon receipt and initial processing

hope this helps 

I wouldn't be surprised if the one who coded the submission form put in 2020 as the last "valid" date years ago, thinking "they won't still be using this same code after 2020". lol