• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this the real deal?! Signed Kirby and Lee?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

My best bud just picked this up and he owes me a favor...should I nab it?  Is it the real deal by these two?  They shop said it was legit, but nobody knows how. Ink seems to be close if not the same? Haven’t seen in person yet. 

43F4A851-2765-47CC-89E7-9C9D69797BA5.jpeg

do you think the value of the favor you did should be a factor in your decision making? and if you do, do you think it would be a factor in helping people help you make a decision?

12 hours ago, Getch said:

What makes you say so?

A gigantic percentage of authentic JK signatures are in ballpoint on the splash page. I question ANY Jack Kirby cover signature, including the DF ones, because it is well known that Roz was "helping" get those done. 

There is no way Kirby would have signed a Bob Layton cover either.

I firmly believe that the Lee is fake as well, but Stan would sing anything you put in front of him, so there is a microscopic chane it is real, I suppose. But I believe it is fake and I have seen a lot of good, bad, messy, awful Stan Lee sigs.

I know people seem to want these to be real - but they are not - so please don't be the gullible fool that buys the magic beans.

Not wanting to start another thread, below I have my authentic (in person Kirby on a Captain Victory comic signed in San Diego either very late 80's or very early 90's, can't remember exactly and in person Stan Lee that I had him sign at the 2017 Emerald City Comic Con) which is the top picture. Below that is a 1994 Invisible Woman figure picked up can't remember when but a few years back "signed" by both. What's the opinion of the board. Can't find exactly when this figure came out, was it early 1994 as dated, 1993, etc. but would be cutting close to when Kirby died in Feb. 1994. 

Kirby Lee In Person png.png

Kirby Lee Invisible png.png

10 hours ago, rexinnih said:

Not wanting to start another thread, below I have my authentic (in person Kirby on a Captain Victory comic signed in San Diego either very late 80's or very early 90's, can't remember exactly and in person Stan Lee that I had him sign at the 2017 Emerald City Comic Con) which is the top picture. Below that is a 1994 Invisible Woman figure picked up can't remember when but a few years back "signed" by both. What's the opinion of the board. Can't find exactly when this figure came out, was it early 1994 as dated, 1993, etc. but would be cutting close to when Kirby died in Feb. 1994. 

Good news - the sigs on your Captain Victory look authentic. Very cool. 

Bad news - the sigs on your figure look like forgeries. Unfortunately, eBay has a lot of bad actors faking their sigs - I'm assuming you picked it up off eBay

On 1/25/2021 at 4:22 PM, rexinnih said:

Kirby Lee In Person png.png

Silly question, but why would you have Stan sign a book that he had absolutely nothing to do with? Zero, zilch, nada. Captain Victory wasn't even published by Marvel.

26 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Silly question, but why would you have Stan sign a book that he had absolutely nothing to do with? Zero, zilch, nada. Captain Victory wasn't even published by Marvel.

I've seen yellow label DC books signed by Stan the Man...he could sign virtually anything.

Pretty well knew the figure was 99% fake signed but always a bit of hope. 

The reason I had Stan Lee sign the Captain Victory was that I could have both Jack Kirby and Stan Lee literally on the same page. I had Kirby sign the Captain Victory years before and at the Emerald City comic con, there was a long line of people waiting for Stan's signature. You hand the cash to one handler for the signature, you put what you wanted to get signed on the table, the other handler pointed to where Stan should sign and Stan signed. I was also able to have a photo op with him earlier in the day that I had him sign. That one was just for me. I had the opportunity to meet two of the greatest figures in comic history, Jack Kirby and Stan Lee in person and get their autographs. Something I will always remember and have a momento. 

Edited by rexinnih