• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Tales To Astonish 45
2 2

21 posts in this topic

What I can see...

Spine Ticks/Creases, Rounded/Blunted Corners, Minor Staple Tears, Color Break in the "T" of "Astonish.

Going by what I can see in the pics I would grade the book at FN- 5.5, however...

If that is "Rat Chew" on the rear cover, top right it will lower the grade to a VG+ 4.5, IMO.

3079D0E3-26BA-4DB3-8D81-722641B1CA71.thumb.jpeg.5aeac5a1e9c3670e3d1125544bf4276f.jpg

From looking at the book it looks like it has been wrinkled it’s not rat chew by the looks of it seems that in person on the book it appears to have been with wrinkled the other tales I have from the same owner where both stored in the same place and that one does not have this issue I’m going to look further into this later and see what is going on with it 

i1.jpg.95a1ab57e3a581e25ed328cfd2aa95ff.jpg

Typical mechanical wear to the over-cover (the portion of the cover that extends beyond the interior).  Absolutely not rodent damage or silverfish damage.  The spine wear and over-cover wear, taken together, are a bit more significant than what I personally allow in a 6.0 FN.  But I do agree that you're probably looking at the low end of the Fine range (think 5.0 VG/FN to 5.5 FN-).