• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling art with a description that is wrong
1 1

9 posts in this topic

https://www.nostalgicinvestments.com/by-artist/947/john-romita/untold-tales-spider-man-1-p16-signed

"I really enjoy futuristic stories that deal with what could be. They always interested me because they place the hero in a world that you can only fantasize about. What better fantasy world than to have Mary Jane and Peter marry and about to have a child together ? To have it drawn by Romita Sr makes it that much more special."

This storyline was about Peter Parker's parents. It takes place in the past. The baby in question is Peter Parker. Wolverine is featured prominently. 

Yes, looks like an honest mistake.  I have sent a few emails to sellers and sites, highlighting incorrect attribution of the artist, only to have been told "I just put all the info out, up to the buyer to determine" or on another occasion, no response at all.  It's a little disappointing and I hope the buyer is as knowledgeable as I (that is to say, if I recognize it as incorrect, it must be easily seen, because I suck).

Re: Heritage Auctions lot

2020 December 27-28 Sunday & Monday Comics, Animation, Video Games & Art Weekly Online Auction #122052
Lot #17424

The piece on the left is by Matt Wagner.

The piece on the right is by Craig Hamilton.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/matt-wagner-and-john-bolton-batman-specialty-illustrations-group-of-2-original-art-2001-total-2-original-art-/a/122052-17424.s?type=CAF

I've sent an e-mail to HA.

Edited by Will_K