• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Magazines, which ones are collectible and/or hard to find?
1 1

30 posts in this topic

As many of you know, I bought a lot of Warren Mags this past year and in particular, just about anything with a Frazetta cover or Vampirella image.

I think that I’ve scratched that itch pretty well. So what next?

I was reading some Deadly Hands of Kung Fu and Vampire Tales on the Marvel Unlimited App. The stories were fun and the artwork solid.

Are any of these Marvel Mags desired by collectors? 

Open to suggestions...

PS: Happy Holidays!

16 minutes ago, piper said:

As many of you know, I bought a lot of Warren Mags this past year and in particular, just about anything with a Frazetta cover or Vampirella image.

I think that I’ve scratched that itch pretty well. So what next?

I was reading some Deadly Hands of Kung Fu and Vampire Tales on the Marvel Unlimited App. The stories were fun and the artwork solid.

Are any of these Marvel Mags desired by collectors? 

Open to suggestions...

PS: Happy Holidays!

I think the hardest of the Marvel Mags is the Pussycat 1-shot, by a mile.

Savage Tales #1 and Marvel Preview #7 are definitely up there right now, as well.

The market is volatile at the moment, with quite a few of the magazines having first appearances that are commanding new highs these days.

Marvel_Preview_07.jpg

Edited by OtherEric

4 hours ago, boomtown said:

Are these just black and white reprintings of the Supernatural Thrillers comics that came out a few years earlier? Also, interesting that they would pay other artists to recreate the Steranko covers as paintings rather than just use the superior Steranko covers (or have him paint them) that were used on the Supernatural Thriller books.

Just the cover stories for each issue were reprinted (in b/w) in these mags from Supernatural Thrillers. The rest are reprints from other BA Marvel horror comics and original stories. Can’t say why the cover art was redone but I’m not complaining. The IT cover is by Gray Morrow and the Invisible Man by Dan Adkins.

Edited by Jayman

26 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Just the cover stories for each issue were reprinted (in b/w) in these mags from Supernatural Thrillers. The rest are reprints from other BA Marvel horror comics and original stories. Can’t say why the cover art was redone but I’m not complaining. The IT cover is by Gray Morrow and the Invisible Man by Dan Adkins.

Yeah, they are nice, it's just odd, I always wondered if Steranko had a "one time use" clause in his contract. For years I actually thought that Invisible Man painting was by Steranko, until I noticed the Adkins sig. I didn't recognize the Morrow cover, but now that you mentioned it, I can see the Morrow style in it.