• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Let's Sell...a Spider-Man (SOLD), a Wolverine, and an X-Men (SOLD)...

13 posts in this topic

A couple of them have been replaced by Signature Series copies, one I've just outgrown...

Necessities first:

Payment:  In addition to PayPal, I will also accept check/money order/Zelle, though the book will be held until clearance.  Payment due within 10 business days.    

Shipping (domestic):  Book will be shipped via insured USPS priority mail.  Domestic shipping is included in the listed price.

International Shipping - exact cost, minus the US shipping cost.  Please inquire first for an accurate quote. 

Returns:  No returns on CGC books as you know what you're getting.

On the HoS?  Probation list?  Or I simply don't like you (aka on my ignore list)?  Don't bother.

Can provide board references if needed (no name dropping here), and over 1700 positive eBay feedback as well -- https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=792mn.  And I've got a fledgling kudos thread started (link is in my profile page).

First :takeit:wins the book outright, well reasoned offers always welcome.  Onward!

Edited by mattn792

Up first is Amazing Spider-Man 380, part 11 of 14 of the Maximum Carnage story.  You may have seen in Comics General that I recently nabbed an SS 9.8 to complete my full SS 9.8 Maximum Carnage run.  Quick :golfclap:for me.

eBay completed listing prices are pretty whack on this book in general, but 9.8s seem to be falling in the $60-$75 shipped range.  So let's low end this one and call it $60 shipped.

380 front.JPG

380 rear.JPG

Up next is a blue label 9.8 of X-Men 96.  Part of the Apocalypse: The Twelve storyline which I absolutely ADORE.  Another book that I've recently replaced with a Signature Series copy.  

I cannot find any recent precedent to cite with this book, and I also worry that its a "soft" 9.8 due to the spine corners.  You can probably see a bit of fuzz on the top one and a minor impact on the bottom one (thinking encapsulation whoopsie).  So I'm going to price this in a more 9.6ish way and call it $35 shipped.

96 front.JPG

96 rear.JPG

Edited by mattn792

Last up is an SS 9.8 copy of Wolverine (1988) #7.  I believe this is the last book I'm looking to divest from the downsizing of my CGC Wolverine collection that I undertook (still have all the readers).  1 of 11 Signature Series 9.8 copies in the census, this copy was signed by a Marvel legend, and the man who helped launch Wolverine into superstardom, Chris Claremont on 10/14/2011.

Most recent comparable sale I found was a blue label that went on eBay for $130 shipped back in late November.  Going to put the ask for this one at $165 shipped.

Front.JPG

Rear.JPG

On 12/23/2020 at 11:34 PM, mattn792 said:

Up first is Amazing Spider-Man 380, part 11 of 14 of the Maximum Carnage story.  You may have seen in Comics General that I recently nabbed an SS 9.8 to complete my full SS 9.8 Maximum Carnage run.  Quick :golfclap:for me.

eBay completed listing prices are pretty whack on this book in general, but 9.8s seem to be falling in the $60-$75 shipped range.  So let's low end this one and call it $60 shipped.

380 front.JPG

380 rear.JPG

:takeit:@ 15%