• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The New Stimulus Package !!!
4 4

157 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Colin Nash said:

Thank you for all the discussion content (Yep, I've read them all). Much appreciated.

It seems there far more market forces at work here than just Stimulus money. It looks to have played only a small part in the overall picture, if any

Covid has definitely changed the way alot of collectors go about buy comics. Internet browesing and buying has increased across all kinds markets across the world. A shift in our normal habits, I think.

Colin

Remember this-  The richest people in the World just got a lot richer in the last 11 months.  While I know there are some people making more on unemployment, than their usual 9-5, I doubt they are the one's driving prices, in any collectables market, during this time.   

I spent more this year. As mentioned previously in this thread, I had a lot more disposable income since we didn’t travel, eat out, go to concerts or sporting events. I also had way too much idle computer time.

I definitely missed all of the above and can’t wait to go to a Con again, but understand the appeal of online shopping now.

18 hours ago, kav said:

I thought everyone that paid taxes got one.

Nope...well I think I got $67. Don’t really know how that math worked out as I wasn’t expecting any. 

A lot of the extra money I had was from kids not going to daycare, not dining out as much, and refinancing our house because rates are so low.

The money saved on daycare was A LOT, and I’m sure others experienced the same. 

Edited by awakeintheashes
Commas

On 12/26/2020 at 8:33 PM, kav said:

This thread is beginning to veer towards politics folks!

Don't worry, it's not politics until I post in a thread. lol

54 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Don't worry, it's not politics until I post in a thread. lol

Since the board software upgrade there have not been any locked threads... therefore I have not had reason to update pernts.  Are you going to make me work Roy?  Are you?  :banana:

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Since the board software upgrade there have not been any locked threads... therefore I have not had reason to update pernts.  Are you going to make me work Roy?  Are you?  :banana:

oh I hope so :cloud9:

42 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

:angel:

8 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Yeah I'd love to know where this 2k is coming from? 

Persian-Cat-Room-Guardian.jpg

That looks like something you pet and feed during the day after it has been sneaking around the house trying to smother you with a pillow at night.

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

That looks like something you pet and feed during the day after it has been sneaking around the house trying to smother you with a pillow at night.

Fat Freddy's Cat