• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The New Stimulus Package !!!
4 4

157 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, kav said:

most people cant hit for ****.  I've watched plenty of videos and 99.9% of blows do absolutely zip.

the problem is when 5 or 6 bum rushers knock you off your feet and you are on your back and they are kicking you and stomping your head..... don't underestimate the power of a bum rush. i once sat in on a jury and this crew was being prosecuted...basically they would bum rush armed drug dealers and rob them. they didn't carry weapons (because in NYC carrying the weapon would get you time, particularly 15 years ago when the cops searched everyone who they deemed "suspicious"), they never got hurt doing it, and they'd rob them over and over. kind of funny if you thnk about it.

1 minute ago, the blob said:

the problem is when 5 or 6 bum rushers knock you off your feet and you are on your back and they are kicking you and stomping your head..... don't underestimate the power of a bum rush. i once sat in on a jury and this crew was being prosecuted...basically they would bum rush armed drug dealers and rob them. they didn't carry weapons (because in NYC carrying the weapon would get you time, particularly 15 years ago when the cops searched everyone who they deemed "suspicious"), they never got hurt doing it, and they'd rob them over and over. kind of funny if you thnk about it.

I'm not invincible I've just made a decision to go down fighting if I have to-and I will cripple a couple.

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Why, are you looking for another holiday break from these boards here?  :devil:

No politics, just kav bragging about his john wick ninja skills in his 50s and me remembering the good old days when I could walk without my knees hurting

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

No politics, just kav bragging about his john wick ninja skills in his 50s and me remembering the good old days when I could walk without my knees hurting

How come those losers were able to beat the tar out of him and kill his dog if he was such a bad-***?
I always wondered abt that.

On 12/25/2020 at 6:10 AM, Mercury Man said:

My opinion is, it started in March with the crash.  The smartest people in the room, dumped more money on the lows in the market, then were able to increase their investments 30-50% depending on where they put it.   I put some money into the SPDR ETF. Currently my investment is up 52% since March.

Yes, my better half thinks everybody can do their investing with a rear view mirror and doesn't understand how anybody can ever lose money in the market.  :blahblah:  :blahblah:  :censored:

Definitely do wish I would have traded in a few of my Visa shares which have just managed to get back to their March highs, and instead had gotten some more Square which has done a triple from their March highs.  Or in a perfect dream world, gotten in much earlier into some of those Chinese EV stocks which have done a 10-bagger or 12-bagger from their March highs. :frown:

Edited by lou_fine

Surprised to find our stimulus arrived this morning. That was fast! Immediately applied it to a couple of medical bills. The system works? USA! USA!

*the system does not work

On 12/29/2020 at 3:56 PM, kav said:

no way I went thru all that and let anyone push me around

I’m glad I haven’t had my “one warning”!  Happy New Years all. 3 books that have sat for awhile on eBay sold over the last few days. Start selling. 

The first stimulus checks my wife and I got went straight to our son.  The second ones will, too.  He was furloughed from work and is still among the unemployed.

I, for one, am thrilled that the comic collectible market fared so well during 2020.  I used the year to auction off a couple hundred high grade bronze age slabs.  Living a bit south of Philly, it was a rare breeze to make the drive up to the ComicLink offices in North Jersey to drop off the consignments, as traffic was unbelievably light heading toward NYC.  And my books did way better overall than I had conservatively expected them to.

Edited by namisgr

On 12/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, the blob said:

An academic colleague I co-teach a law school class with told me to buy zoom stock in January. He said the mess in China was going to be here. Should have listened.

Sadly, it's pretty obvious that you was not the only one as clearly evident by the fact that there are a total of only 29 dead in Singapore, 7 dead in Taiwan, 0 dead in Macao, etc. after all this time and all of those countries are so much closer to China.  :sick:  :facepalm:  :censored:

Crud - this thread made me look to see if I got my money and I only got a small percentage of the $600.  I think I got a bunch more from the last batch so the income criteria must have gotten lowered.  

6 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Crud - this thread made me look to see if I got my money and I only got a small percentage of the $600.  I think I got a bunch more from the last batch so the income criteria must have gotten lowered.  

The Feds are probably on to you.