• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did Santa bring you any comics?

36 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Hudson said:

First, let me assure you that you never have to worry about "bringing down the thread", just because you share something that is going on in your life.  Your life is real; not the fiction of some comic book.  Your life is important; far more so than talking about comics.  Your life is valuable; more valuable than any comic book could ever be.

You are a well respected and valued member of this community and I am thankful you feel comfortable enough here to share your current situation.  This is a place where people should be able to share both the "highs" and "lows" of their REAL lives.  If we are only here to talk about fantasy and about our latest acquistion (the conquest of obtaining a grail or whatever), then this is not the place for me.

In short, thank you for sharing and showing us that we need to remember those who may be walking through a valley right now.   To each of us, those valleys come and we must remember to encourage those who are there now, for it is almost certain that we too will be there at times.

I wish there was something I could do to make this Christmas time better for you.  You do a lot for the boards and are very special.  My heart goes out to you during these trying times.

Thanks for the reply. I do feel like this board and some others I am on are like an extended family of friends. It can be be very cathartic to let those things be heard.

On 12/25/2020 at 6:38 PM, Ducky13 said:

My wife (my personal Santa) made me a tee shirt quilted throw blanket for Christmas. It turned out great. Some of my favorite tee shift from past years that she keep for this specific project.

20201225_182111.jpg

I got one of these for Christmas of 2018.  Still my favorite blanket but the GF took over the bed linens decision making. 😂

17 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Sad to say ......... but

(spoilered to not bring down the entire thread)

Reveal hidden contents

this has not been a very fun Christmas for me. Due to Christmas falling on a Friday, the dialysis center shifted our treatments to Sunday Tuesday Thursday-- which meant getting treatment on my birthday (Thursday). Then my niece got called in to work in the office when her job was no longer able to work remotely due to some software issue-- so we cancelled our family get together for Thursday (bday/Christmas). I basically stayed home the entire weekend--- only leaving for treatment this morning. My brother has a cold all weekend where we usually get together to watch some football. Add to the fact that my dad sent an email Sunday letting us know he went to the ER and was in the hospital (he had lung cancer in 2008, has one lung left and a serious problem with COPD) having fluid drained from his lung and stuck in isolation while they waited for his Covid19 test results.

So it has been a real kick in the arse this year. But in the overall scheme of things-- at least I am not in the hospital myself like I was at this time last year. No presents but not stuck in a hospital bed-- I guess you have to choose your battles.

Telling the truth should never be looked at as bringing the whole story down, it is just a chapter that is part of the whole book.  Get through it, sir!

On 12/29/2020 at 12:18 AM, 01TheDude said:

Sad to say ......... but

Hide contents

this has not been a very fun Christmas for me. Due to Christmas falling on a Friday, the dialysis center shifted our treatments to Sunday Tuesday Thursday-- which meant getting treatment on my birthday (Thursday). Then my niece got called in to work in the office when her job was no longer able to work remotely due to some software issue-- so we cancelled our family get together for Thursday (bday/Christmas). I basically stayed home the entire weekend--- only leaving for treatment this morning. My brother has a cold all weekend where we usually get together to watch some football. Add to the fact that my dad sent an email Sunday letting us know he went to the ER and was in the hospital (he had lung cancer in 2008, has one lung left and a serious problem with COPD) having fluid drained from his lung and stuck in isolation while they waited for his Covid19 test results.

So it has been a real kick in the arse this year. But in the overall scheme of things-- at least I am not in the hospital myself like I was at this time last year. No presents but not stuck in a hospital bed-- I guess you have to choose your battles.

Sorry to hear this!

I hope 2021 is better for you!

On 12/28/2020 at 10:18 PM, 01TheDude said:

Sad to say ......... but

Hide contents

Hopefully things get better fast !  Hang in there.