• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The sad truth

34 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

That's a .5 on a day with sunshine and unicorns and leprechauns frolicking together eating cotton candy made out of ice cream. It's be a wonder if the pages aren't welded together. Say goodbye and walk away.

Welded pages would be the end all. The main reason I explained that I need to see the books in person. It’s going to cost me a ride a few towns away. She has this too.

21465670-1DEF-44F0-8D81-CDCF6C33A3A8.jpeg

3 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Just got a call about some books for sale and this iron man 1 is the biggest book in the lot. This is the only picture I have. I told her I need to see the books in person. Honestly what would someone pay for such a water damaged book. Grade?

696997FF-AA1E-49F1-9B90-3F4A44C0417C.jpeg

I wouldn't pay a plugged nickel for this book.

I see a few defects that should press right out of that Iron Man if the pages are not stuck together.   Like he said... could get you around $200-250.

Edited by Buzzetta

Depending on how the back cover and interior looks, and if everything is attached to the staples, I’m actually going to say it’s a 1.0 with a press. If that’s warping I’m seeing on the front cover and thus would smoothen out with a press, yeah I think 1.0 potential assuming everything else isn’t horribly ravaged.

Edited by LDarkseid1

19 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

Welded pages would be the end all. The main reason I explained that I need to see the books in person. It’s going to cost me a ride a few towns away. She has this too.

21465670-1DEF-44F0-8D81-CDCF6C33A3A8.jpeg

:whatthe:   Don't forget your face mask and latex gloves...

18 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

:whatthe:   Don't forget your face mask and latex gloves...

Wait..., what?  How did this conversation switch from comics to sex? :D

4 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

I can’t believe the IM #1 is a 1.0 , it makes sense but it looks like it was dropped into a sewer☹️😷

I agree.  If this is grading on a curve, I'd really hate to see a .5.  Maybe a greywater sewer.. I think that Hopalong Cassidy I mention is really a 3.5. 

Edited by Glassman10