• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this back cover trimmed?
1 1

32 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, chuckfin said:

Well, you're trying to muddy the water and change the subject

Changing the subject? I am responding to your post saying its the buyers fault for buying mislabeled CGC books that the seller refused to send back to CGC to have corrected.

15 hours ago, chuckfin said:

Dude, how would you buy a slabbed comic and not read the label?

I will openly say that I've dealt with Dylan many times and he can be childish at times but he handles business like a gentleman and is a man of his word. I've just made a CGC account after 30+ years of collecting so I'm still getting used to all the lingo but please bare with me.

Has anyone ACTUALLY had a problem with this seller? Not speculation, not conspiracy theories, like a real problem?

If anything, Metro is just as bad as Dylan if not far far worse in the labels scenario. People are counting on sellers of raw books to do the right thing

1 minute ago, chuckfin said:

Right and that's irrelevant to this back cover. as per the boards rules please start a separate thread

Are you suggesting that I am going to be penalized for responding to your post saying its the buyers fault for buying misslabbled CGC books? Is that how moderation works on the CGC boards?

Seems to me that "the Kid" created this thread in order to deflect (or justify) his poor decisions from earlier this year that he was summarily called out for.

It's like when my child did something wrong, was confronted and replied "but so-and-so did it too". 

When/if "the Kid" becomes "a Man", hopefully he'll understand where many of us are coming from. Honesty, integrity and character are the keys to success, but all it takes is one lapse and you lose it all.

-bc 

18 minutes ago, bc said:

Seems to me that "the Kid" created this thread in order to deflect (or justify) his poor decisions from earlier this year that he was summarily called out for.

It's like when my child did something wrong, was confronted and replied "but so-and-so did it too". 

When/if "the Kid" becomes "a Man", hopefully he'll understand where many of us are coming from. Honesty, integrity and character are the keys to success, but all it takes is one lapse and you lose it all.

-bc 

Dylan is pointing out what a major dealer does to make himself look better in comparison.

On 12/31/2020 at 4:54 PM, thehumantorch said:

Dylan is pointing out what a major dealer does to make himself look better in comparison.

That's an interesting defense strategy. Instead of actually being honest, point out everyone else who is just as dishonest as you. 

I could see Ted Bundy doing this as he represented himself in court.

"Well, your Honor, Hitler and Moa killed many more people than I did". I rest my case.  

Edited by joeypost

33 minutes ago, joeypost said:

That's an interesting defense strategy. Instead of actually being honest, point out everyone else who is just as dishonest as you. 

I could see Ted Bundy doing this as he represented himself in court.

"Well, your Honor, Hitler and Moa killed many more people than I did". I rest my case.  

I hate to compare his behavior with Hitler's but can you see any other reason for him creating this thread other than to say 

'look what a major dealer like Metropolis is doing so why am I the bad guy?'

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

I hate to compare his behavior with Hitler's but can you see any other reason for him creating this thread other than to say 

'look what a major dealer like Metropolis is doing so why am I the bad guy?'

Two wrongs don't make a right... :preach:

You know, they do denote the tape on the cover and the color touch (wherever it might be) and while they should denote the obvious trimming, a quick glance with the ole eyeballs will tell you that it's clearly missing some edges lol 

It would be like seeing the words STAN LEE written in huge magic marker on the front where it can clearly be seen and not noting it (because you can see it) - maybe they felt it was too obvious to denote?  I mean, if you just look at the cover you can clearly see the front and back cover are missing edges. (shrug)

But I agree with the masses, it should have been noted with the tape and CT for full disclosure but come on, it's not like they're trying to fool anyone into a sale I don't think.  2c

5 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Two wrongs don't make a right... :preach:

That is correct. But we know that AF15 back is trimmed. We do not know for sure the labels are proper and that the books indeed are restored. CGC makes countless errors although nobody wants to believe it. Although I do understand that to the public eye the case is "certain" then again the public doesnt know how to grade. 

If you actually stop to consider it and look at my track record otherwise it's not a ridiculous argument. It's clean, heck even check my Kudos thread! I don't see a line of people claiming anything bad based on experience only speculation about the character labels. If rumors defined a person, tabloids would be the New York Times.

On 12/28/2020 at 2:34 PM, seanfingh said

I purchased a large lot of Warren Magazines from an original owner. He kept them in amazing shape. Many of them came back after being signed 9.6. One of them came back 9.6 Purple and it was determined that there was a dot of ballpoint pen ink on the cover. The only real explanation was that at some point either the newsstand, the OO or myself dropped a ball point pen on the cover. At the time I was having it reviewed, I asked whether they were analyzing whether the ink was damage, or whether it was attempted CT - my thought  being that if it didn't clearly appear to be done to improve the looks of the book, then it should just be plain old damage. At the time they were pretty adamant that they were not in the business of making value judgments about stray ink. I thought that was kind of interesting at the time.  I tell that story because most of the posts are assuming that someone engaged in CT actively, when it could just as easily (and possibly more logically) be stray ink that was not intentionally placed on the book, but is there nonetheless.

Is the guy above unethical? Absolutely not. and that has a decent chance of what happened to those 3 comics but nobody not me, you, or CGC knows for sure.

You could argue that CGC isnt credible here because their quality control is so bad that they put the books in the wrong labels the first time. (and then did it again a week later but then again you guys didnt see that Hulk 1 because I learned from before to not trust their labels and immediately sent it back for reholdering which took a freaking month), me purely because of a conflict of interest from an ethical standpoint, and nobody here is credible because nobody has damn examined those books. 

Maybe I should send them to a truly independent restoration appraiser. 

4 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

That is correct. But we know that AF15 back is trimmed. We do not know for sure the labels are proper and that the books indeed are restored. CGC makes countless errors although nobody wants to believe it. Although I do understand that to the public eye the case is "certain" then again the public doesnt know how to grade. 

If you actually stop to consider it and look at my track record otherwise it's not a ridiculous argument. It's clean, heck even check my Kudos thread! I don't see a line of people claiming anything bad based on experience only speculation about the character labels. If rumors defined a person, tabloids would be the New York Times.

On 12/28/2020 at 2:34 PM, seanfingh said

I purchased a large lot of Warren Magazines from an original owner. He kept them in amazing shape. Many of them came back after being signed 9.6. One of them came back 9.6 Purple and it was determined that there was a dot of ballpoint pen ink on the cover. The only real explanation was that at some point either the newsstand, the OO or myself dropped a ball point pen on the cover. At the time I was having it reviewed, I asked whether they were analyzing whether the ink was damage, or whether it was attempted CT - my thought  being that if it didn't clearly appear to be done to improve the looks of the book, then it should just be plain old damage. At the time they were pretty adamant that they were not in the business of making value judgments about stray ink. I thought that was kind of interesting at the time.  I tell that story because most of the posts are assuming that someone engaged in CT actively, when it could just as easily (and possibly more logically) be stray ink that was not intentionally placed on the book, but is there nonetheless.

Is the guy above unethical? Absolutely not. and that has a decent chance of what happened to those 3 comics but nobody not me, you, or CGC knows for sure.

You could argue that CGC isnt credible here because their quality control is so bad that they put the books in the wrong labels the first time. (and then did it again a week later but then again you guys didnt see that Hulk 1 because I learned from before to not trust their labels and immediately sent it back for reholdering which took a freaking month), me purely because of a conflict of interest from an ethical standpoint, and nobody here is credible because nobody has damn examined those books. 

Maybe I should send them to a truly independent restoration appraiser. 

*sent back Hulk 1 a week later for RELABELING