• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this back cover trimmed?
1 1

32 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, dylanthekid said:

Back Left Edge. But then again, some people on the boards don't think I know how to grade so please.... carry on. 

Well Dylan, you are a hoot, I'll give you that... lol 

But seriously, don't you think the front cover is trimmed as well?  hm  

4 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Well Dylan, you are a hoot, I'll give you that... lol 

But seriously, don't you think the front cover is trimmed as well?  hm  

You are correct. I actually didn't look closely at the front scan, went to the back and my eyes popped out. Yeah this does LOOK trimmed on the top and bottom edge. But then again guys, that Dylan he's an unethical piece of comics (although nobody has ACTUALY stated a negative experience and gotten a book that was restored that was described as unrestored.) If that whole fiasco was over CGC graded comics why is there no frenzy over something RAW?! That's pretty unjust

Introducing Metropolis the world's LARGEST comic book dealers (as said in their placing you on hold recording)...

10 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

Well if Af15 is the same for you as Giggle 3 you are immortally doomed.

Whether it's the same for me or if I am truly immortally doomed is not the point.

There are countless threads over the years about the grading inconsistencies of raw books, many of which include oodles of frenzy.

I just thought it was ironic that one of your raw books was recently featured in such a thread.

Happy Holidays!

-bc

1 hour ago, bc said:

Whether it's the same for me or if I am truly immortally doomed is not the point.

There are countless threads over the years about the grading inconsistencies of raw books, many of which include oodles of frenzy.

I just thought it was ironic that one of your raw books was recently featured in such a thread.

Happy Holidays!

-bc

This thread is relevant to RESTO CHECK not grading

3 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

This thread is relevant to RESTO CHECK not grading

People often says I'm gonna grade this book, that's just a figure of speech. I'm sorry if that is confusing for you because it actually kinda is! Most people don't even stop to consider the resto check part or missing pages etc ; "Getting it graded" involves grade AND resto check. 

The purpose of this thread is discussing Metropolis's trimmed (undisclosed) raw AF15 available right now. Please save all grading comments for another thread.

Edited by dylanthekid
adding more info

16 hours ago, Yes I Canada said:

FTFY

yet somehow, I'm the one who posted this thread not you; Perception is not absolute reality. I guess you guys think selling trimmed books as unrestored is ok or something. I think what they did is bad, but do whatever you want, it is a free country.

4 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:
16 hours ago, Yes I Canada said:

FTFY

yet somehow, I'm the one who posted this thread not you; Perception is not absolute reality. I guess you guys think selling trimmed books as unrestored is ok or something. I think what they did is bad, but do whatever you want, it is a free country.

Keep fightin' the power my man. 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, CJ Design said:

They stated ct on FC so it's restored. I heard it was the viral photo copy, the one being read in the shower, and it shrunk. :devil:

I don't recall seeing that. It could have been quietly edited or might have been there all along. But the fact remains they are STILL selling a trimmed book as untrimmed. That's unethical. period

On 12/28/2020 at 3:08 PM, dylanthekid said:

People often says I'm gonna grade this book, that's just a figure of speech. I'm sorry if that is confusing for you because it actually kinda is! Most people don't even stop to consider the resto check part or missing pages etc ; "Getting it graded" involves grade AND resto check. 

The purpose of this thread is discussing Metropolis's trimmed (undisclosed) raw AF15 available right now. Please save all grading comments for another thread.

"Back Left Edge. But then again, some people on the boards don't think I know how to grade so please.... carry on. "

You brought up your grading in your second post in this thread and now you want to save all grading comments for another thread?  lol  You did grade the Giggle Comics posted above as an 8.0 and when we called you on it you insisted it was a 8.0 and called it an ugly 8.0 and you continue to start self serving threads and defend your grading.  Look at the image closely Dylan, does it really look anything remotely like an 8.0 to you?   If it does you're the worst grader to ever grade a book.  Helen Keller, grading a comic in a bowl of jello would grade it tighter.  If it doesn't you're deliberately over grading and your attempts to defend your grading are not serving you well.

I believe Metro's grading is the worst of any major dealer and I'd never trust a grade they assign to a book. 

12 hours ago, chuckfin said:

Dude, how would you buy a slabbed comic and not read the label?

I will openly say that I've dealt with Dylan many times and he can be childish at times but he handles business like a gentleman and is a man of his word. I've just made a CGC account after 30+ years of collecting so I'm still getting used to all the lingo but please bare with me.

Has anyone ACTUALLY had a problem with this seller? Not speculation, not conspiracy theories, like a real problem?

If anything, Metro is just as bad as Dylan if not far far worse in the labels scenario. People are counting on sellers of raw books to do the right thing

Well I'll jump in for no reason what so ever.

Did he ever indicate in his ebay listings that the character label graded books he was selling were restored or did he just put scans up of the books?

Did he send the books back to CGC when they asked to regrade and put them in proper cases?

Are we really defending people that knowingly sell mislabeled graded books?

6 minutes ago, chuckfin said:

No, but if you don't read the label you don't deserve to be buying comics that are expensive in my opinion. It would be great if he did put something in but he did not have to. It also would have probably made zero difference because many people don't read the descriptions because we are lazy. I think it's a grey issue. 

I actually spoke to him after that whole scenario went crazy on instagram from what someone else told me. He says he did and that they were sold before anyone even reached out on Monday (Sunday auctions if I recall correctly) and but that he canceled all the sales quickly.

Jimmy, I'm not defending those actions whatsoever-it's a grey issue; I don't even think he is relevant to this thread frankly-you questioned his character in ONE specific scenario but that actually hinders the issue at hand. Is that back cover trimmed? I damn think so

Are you defending Metropolis?

Would I be defending Metropolis If I post quotes from Dylan from July saying he didn't put anything in the description because he still hasn't decided if the books are restored?

I think its relevant because you brought it up suggesting it wasn't a big deal.