• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Star Spangled War Stories #81

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've always had a harder time being objective on older books like this. Front cover only, but the back cover whiteness matches the type on the front cover, and it's clean. Page quality is off-white to very light cream and supple. I scanned the book while still in its Mylite. The book is flat and tight.

There is an extrememly light dust shadow along the right cover edge. It is more pronounced in the scan than it is in the book.

Anyway, just curious. Thanks in advance for looking at this.

Shep

ssws81.jpg

Thanks fellas,

Came out of an original owner collection from London Ontario, which I got from Neal at N8K comics about a year and a half ago. Bought about 40 war books from the collection, which were all like this, plus or minus a grade point.

I hate to make excuses, but these are DAMN hard to find in grade. I take 'em as I can get 'em. No beaters, though.

Thanks for taking the time to put eyes on.

Thanks

Shep

thumbsup2.gif Great looking book!

Indeed.

The thing that always bothered me about that cover is, there's no way that Messerschmidt can pull out of that dive. He's dead.

Very committed nazi, willing to kill himself to kill one G.I.

thumbsup2.gif Great looking book!

Indeed.

The thing that always bothered me about that cover is, there's no way that Messerschmidt can pull out of that dive. He's dead.

Very committed nazi, willing to kill himself to kill one G.I.

Maybe the G.I. is on the edge of a cliff and the ME can just sail right into a gorge or something. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif