• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #4 cgc 2.0 but has a big chunk missing?

16 posts in this topic

Hey I thought most CGC 2.0 grades allow a maximum of a 1/2” triangle missing. But this looks significantly bigger. Does this 2.0 grade seem right and would this chunk affect the value? 

A77F7299-2D78-4629-BB05-4F077B2ACDD0.png

Edited by Scohr

On 12/28/2020 at 11:29 PM, Scohr said:

I thought most CGC 2.0 grades allow a maximum of a 1/2” triangle missing.

Not familiar with this.  Is that based on Overstreet or something CGC has said?  Seems like that size chunk would be allowed in a 4.0 (surface area of missing piece being the dispositive factor). 

52 minutes ago, rjpb said:

A lack of grading consistency is one thing, giving that book a 7.5 is ridiculous.

On the other hand look at the grading scale the site provides. If that missing piece fits the description of "moderate" defect and the rest of the book is basically flawless then they are right on.

gradescale.JPG

On 1/4/2021 at 1:19 PM, Ride the Tiger said:

On the other hand look at the grading scale the site provides. If that missing piece fits the description of "moderate" defect and the rest of the book is basically flawless then they are right on.

gradescale.JPG

Regarding the Spidey #238, I'm thinking that somewhere along the line (after the book was graded) that corner piece fell off and no one caught it. Maybe I need to consider applying for a QC position...  hm

Edited by The Lions Den

21 hours ago, Giovanni Molina said:

Hello all,

First time on the boards. Looking for feedback on an ASM1 with missing piece/front cover I recently submitted. Feels like a 3.0 but I see many different ranges with a piece missing. It has been pressed. 2.0/2.5? Appreciate the feedback. 

20201230_155806.jpg

You should post it in the Spare a grade section. You'll get allot of great feedback. 

Besides the piece missing, that looks like a beautiful copy. If you do post over there, try to share back cover pics and maybe even the interior (if you have them. I know you said it's submitted already). 

5 hours ago, KCOComics said:

You should post it in the Spare a grade section. You'll get allot of great feedback. 

Besides the piece missing, that looks like a beautiful copy. If you do post over there, try to share back cover pics and maybe even the interior (if you have them. I know you said it's submitted already). 

Thanks so much, I'll check it out!