• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] 1 DC Minor Keys and 1 Marvel Very Minor Key - Moving to New Venue
1 1

15 posts in this topic

As per board rules, a :takeit: in the thread trumps any ongoing PM negotiations. No people are the Probation List or in the Hall of Shame are allowed to bid. I will accept returns to get your money back (except shipping costs), as long as the book is returned in the same condition as sent, within 7 days of receipt. PayPal only please. Buyer to pay $5.00 for shipping.

Showcase #34 - First appearance of the SA Atom - SOLD to WASM

SC34A.thumb.jpg.21d0ed460f4ecdf08f9e818e9b9f6234.jpg    SC34B.thumb.jpg.f83af56672bac6bdfc16df529d88b43f.jpg

Consensus from the “Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?” forum is 2.5. GoCollect has a current value of $120, while GPAnalysis has a current value of $115. Board price = $90.

My Greatest Adventure #80 - First appearance of the Doom Patrol - CLOSED

MGA80A.thumb.jpg.1806680a034fab93d1d6fe5c752cc460.jpg    MGA80B.thumb.jpg.d342adc45beca8115eba99b8bce49d6f.jpg

Consensus from the “Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?” forum is split between 2.5 and 3.0. GoCollect has a current value of $275, while GPAnalysis has a current value of $265. Board price = $210. New lowered price = $180.

Atom #1 - First appearance of SA Atom in his own title, and first appearance of the Plant Master- SOLD to WASM

Atom1A.thumb.jpg.05e3ad3725d9a4073d696782f4b5b8aa.jpg     Atom1B.thumb.jpg.5401a808a6b951313e364bec547bc318.jpg

Consensus from the “Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?” forum is 3.5. GoCollect has a current value of $100, while GPAnalysis has a current value of $156. Board price = $115.

Daredevil #25 - First appearance of the Leap Frog and Matt Murdock's "brother," Mike Murdock - I told you that this was a VERY minor key. - CLOSED

Daredevil25-01.thumb.jpg.9a38a6f0f83a57a286f76393a50752ba.jpg     Daredevil25-02.thumb.jpg.9c56ca4be2883523c9fbd4131ee1d55e.jpg

Consensus from the “Hey buddy, can you spare a grade?” forum is 6.0. GoCollect has a current value of $50, while GPAnalysis has a current value of $55. Board price = $40. New lowered price = $30.

If you are interested in one of these books and you feel that the price is too high, PM me. I'm sure that we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement.

Thanks for looking at my thread.

Edited by Math Teacher

4 hours ago, RoscoeMc said:

I thought gocollect fair market value was valued for slabbed/graded comics

You're correct, but I needed some sort of starting point. For example, GoCollect has Atom #1 valued at $120, and I'm selling for $90. $30 is less than what you can slab it for, but it's close enough for government work. I would not slab any of these issues.

Edited by Math Teacher

1 hour ago, Danny Anderson said:

Interested in the MGA80.  Has there been taped added to the back cover?  The pictures from the PGM post have a different back cover.  Let me know.  Please and thank you.

It is fixed now. I was probably just having a "senior moment," since I turned 64 on Monday. "Senior Moment" is going to be my "Get Out of Jail Free" card from now on. B|

5 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

Shipping both books will cost $5.04, so let's just go with $5 for shipping.

Showcase #34 - $90
Atom #1 - $115
Shipping - $5
Total Due - $210

My PayPal address is "joeankenbauer1256@gmail.com". I will need a name to put on the package. Would the PO even deliver a package with a name of WASM?

Thanks again for your purchase!

Joe

Just a friendly FYI... Shipping is usually done by PM.  My guess for one reason why is because it bumps your thread each time.

18 hours ago, WASM said:

Take ;  showcase 34 and atom 1. 

Nice pickup.

And just a pet peeve. I don't think it's useful to call this the first appearance of "SA Atom", because the term first SA- is usually used when a GA hero makes a come-back in the SA. for example, when Captain America comes back in Avengers 4. 

For Atom - this is not the first in the SA, its the first ever. It just confuses things that there happened to be a superhero in the GA with the same name. But these should not be confused as they are two entirely and unrelated superheroes. 

As such, Showcase 34 features the first ever appearance in any age of this superhero.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree.

Here are the notes that appear on the case of Showcase #22: Origin & first appearance of the Silver Age Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). 1st appearance of Abin Sure & Carol Ferris.

Here are the notes that appear on the case of Showcase #55: 1st solo appearance of GA Green Lantern in the Silver Age.

If this terminology is good enough for CGC, it's good enough for me.